Hit and run - RIP Tom Palermo

shotgun

Sad story.

Yup.  And it brings up an interesting point.  I believe in the "vehicular" theory of bicycling advocated but John Forrester because I don't want to be pushed off the roads, but Bikemore's push for physically separated infrastructure makes me think that approach has merits also.  Maybe it is not as simple as a "ne size fits all", and places like cities might benefit more from some physical barriers.  But of course the basic distrust of government to make the best choice is at play here also.

Although police have not yet identified the driver, according to numerous media reports, Bishop Eugene Taylor Sutton, head of the Episcopal Diocese of Maryland, emailed clergy members Saturday, acknowledging the diocese's second-ranking official, Bishop Suffragan Heather Elizabeth Cook, as the driver in the fatal collision.

Sutton also confirmed that Cook "did leave the scene initially," returning 20 minutes later "to take responsibility for her actions." 

A Bishop left the scene?  Did she think that God wasn't watching?  Did she have no concern for the welfare of the person she ran over?  She sounds like a wonderful human being.  Well suited to be a Bishop in the church.  

'specially ministers of religion. We expect a little more of them.

They haven proven time and again that they are simply people, and are imbued with no special powers or foresight through their "callings" and affiliations.  Some are great people, many more are asshats, and all in the same proportions as the general population.  They are just people, nothing less, nothing more.

'specially ministers of religion. We expect a little more of them.

I have not been to a church in a long time, but I do remember they get first dibs out of the glass before everyone else does. 

Someone has to polish off the wine so it does not go bad