Who did you used to be?

Randomguy

Has this site been around that long that avatars and aliases were actually different avatars and aliases?  SW booting your ass outta here and you have to come back as different sock puppets?

No.  We are only about 15 months old.  But almost all of us came from another site where we did change names and such for various reasons.  Or we may have just changed our names when we left the old site and came here.

I started out as Roadrunner on that other place.  It was the name I used everywhere and had nothing to do with road biking.  I had owned a 1968 Road Runner car.  Then Rodale did some sort of combining of forums crap, and I became Roadrunner-bic.  I let it stay that way for awhile.  Then I left for about a year or so and came back as Tim Burr, a name that I plagiarized, but what the hell, it's the internet.  When I came here, I was able to go back to my original name of Roadrunner.   

The details of my life are quite inconsequential ... Very well, where do I begin? My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low-grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a 15-year-old French prostitute named Chloé with webbed feet. My father would womanize; he would drink; he would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes, he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament ... My childhood was typical: summers in Rangoon ... luge lessons ... In the spring, we'd make meat helmets ... When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds — pretty standard, really. At the age of 12, I received my first scribe. At the age of 14, a Zoroastrian named Vilmer ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum — it's breathtaking ... I suggest you try it.[citation needed]

• 4 months later...