Dangit! It seems like I may have the flu for the first time in ages

Ralphie
Go to solution Solved by petitepedal,

5 hours ago, Ralphie said:

I hope it is early enough!  It is good that I ate nothing and just sipped water. 

Update?

Last time that happened to me the surgeon held off and determined I had an infection in my stomach/gut and started me on some 'nasty' antibiotics. I was feeling better in a day. I say 'nasty' as the pills even made water taste bad.

• Sad 1

40 minutes ago, Ralphie said:

I did not eat a thing Sunday and most of Monday. On a hospital food diet now. :D I think that dies as much as ozempic to kill your appetite. :D

How goes the battle?Just thinking we would probably not hear from you until morning. Hope things went well and you'll get some pain-free rest.

• Heart 1

7 minutes ago, sheep_herder said:

How goes the battle?Just thinking we would probably not hear from you until morning. Hope things went well and you'll get some pain-free rest.

Rapidly improving. Not peeing though, which is highly unusual for me!! That is the current battle. :(  

• Sad 1
  • Hugs 1

1 hour ago, sheep_herder said:

Understand, I had a grumpy nurse threatening me with the same procedure.

My nurse was incredibly nice and supportive. I am very thankful for that!  Nonetheless, I was getting the same threat, but that comes from the hospitalist.  He stopped in and we had a good talk though and I peed enough in the nick of time. :D  Just got an all clear from the surgical team. Just ordered a breakfast that sounds great on paper. 

• Haha 1
  • Hugs 1

11 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Wait, so they took out your appendix?

What does an appendix do, anyway?  How do you feel now?

An appendix doesn’t do shit except sit there waiting to burst!  I have a picture I can post. I didn’t understand it until my doctor daughter explained it to me. It looks like a small worm. Now I am part of the club that shares appendix stories.  So far mine is one of the better ones because the pain sent me to the ER poste haste. One of the surgery prep nurses told how she waited, just thought it was a stomachache, then had to spend a week recovering from the infection in the horsespittle. 

• Heart 1