Dangit! It seems like I may have the flu for the first time in ages

Ralphie
Go to solution Solved by petitepedal,

30 minutes ago, Ralphie said:

Another person at the horsespittle said he asked the sturgeon to remove his appendix while they were in there to remove his gall bladder. 

2nd son has “malrotation” where his organs are 180 degrees from usual and had GI surgery the day after he was born. The surgeon removed his appendix because it was in an abnormal location and if it acted up, the doctors might not recognize the problem. 

So, I’m wondering…you still haven’t had the flu? Or was appendicitis separate from the flu? 

7 minutes ago, MoseySusan said:

2nd son has “malrotation” where his organs are 180 degrees from usual and had GI surgery the day after he was born. The surgeon removed his appendix because it was in an abnormal location and if it acted up, the doctors might not recognize the problem. 

So, I’m wondering…you still haven’t had the flu? Or was appendicitis separate from the flu? 

I misdiagnosed myself. Started with a stomachache, then the throwing up said flu to me. At around 8pm the belly pain told me it was definitely not the flu!  

• Heart 2
  • Hugs 1

41 minutes ago, Ralphie said:

I misdiagnosed myself. Started with a stomachache, then the throwing up said flu to me. At around 8pm the belly pain told me it was definitely not the flu!  

Amazing! Apendicitis notwithstanding, you have dodged the bugs for years. Bulletproof, dude. 

1 hour ago, Ralphie said:

Another person at the horsespittle said he asked the sturgeon to remove his appendix while they were in there to remove his gall bladder. 

That seems smart if you are in there already.

Did they wrap your appendix in butcher paper and send you home with it?

6 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

That seems smart if you are in there already.

Did they wrap your appendix in butcher paper and send you home with it?

They did say they would bag the infected appendix before pulling it through the incisions. I do have a cool picture of it though. 

• Heart 1

10 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

That seems smart if you are in there already

I wonder if insurance would give you a hard time for the extra cost? :scratchhead:  Seems like they should consider it good insurance against a possible appendix removal later. 

Of all the body parts to be missing, an appendix is top of the list!

27 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Ok, dangit, where is the picture?

The appendix is that ugly little worm in the bottom pic. I think in the top pic the white is infection gunk that was removed.  

Those cats are pretty good at scanning this stuff!  Waiting for the Lab Repot now. Woof!  

F8B32A45-21D1-4724-8E51-3D83EF407D4A.jpeg

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

2 hours ago, Ralphie said:

Ugh!  They definitely don’t force a cardiac diet on you!  I wish I had ordered the granola!

6C50140C-BC5B-445D-A296-61852208DB0C.jpeg

We've been very fortunate to have administrators that promoted tasty foods at our hospital. Some folks go there to eat even when not confined to the hospital.

• Yum 1

23 minutes ago, sheep_herder said:

We've been very fortunate to have administrators that promoted tasty foods at our hospital. Some folks go there to eat even when not confined to the hospital.

This was way over the top!  The omelet was great but the bacon was a salt fest. And there were THREE Macdonald’s size sausage parties!  

Hmm, I can order breakfast all day if I want so I could try some lighter fare. 

• Heart 2

I read a piece several months ago that said that modern medicine still is not sure of the function of the appendix.  It is now believed by some that the appendix is one source of digestive bacteria used in the digestive tract.  Apparently, there is not a lot of known science behind it but it is known that many people without their appendix have a lower count of good bacteria in the larger intestines.  At least that's what I remember from the article.

• Heart 1
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, sheep_herder said:

Now time for the wheelchair ride. Some don't approve when you want to walk out on your own.

I walked oot after my week stay. I was surprised they let me. I asked if I can just walk out, and the nurse said, sure.  But after my bronchoscopies, I was wheeled oot because I was not right in the head🤪

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, sheep_herder said:

Now time for the wheelchair ride. Some don't approve when you want to walk out on your own.

They gave me a ride in a stripped down wheelchair. Man, the trip out was tough. I am not as recovered as I thought I was. This will take time. I better call Dr. Springoff!

• Hugs 3

16 minutes ago, Ralphie said:

I concur!  I feel like I was hit by a bus. My wife is oot getting Percocet now, and I am trying some ruby therapy.

I'm sure this has been stressful for your wife too, but you should ask her to share some of her Percocet with you. :nodhead:

• Awesome 1
  • Haha 1