Need front plate ideas

Square Wheels
Go to solution Solved by Square Wheels,

Whatever you do, avoid politics, religion, or something that personally identifies you.  Walmart.com has pages of plates:

This is about as far as you can go without pissing someone off in today's intolerant America:

image.png.2802e12b768a90b8cadaf1607ac99cf1.png

Or you could just do this:

image.png.a98691edacfb09d98e341f934a848e6c.png

Or you could go the Van Gogh route and remind everyone what a Starry Night looks like when you're stoned:

image.png.0490eed7ef09e0224aff9a0f0dc11055.png

Or you could remind everyone of bountiful flora:

image.png.a9cea2895285209349d0a31922fc39b8.png

On 3/19/2023 at 2:48 PM, Bikeguy said:

What did you get?

Caddyshack we're waiting Meme Generator - Imgflip

Nothing yet.  As listed above, there are no replacement parts aside from a new bumper, and that would probably be a couple thousand, painted.

On 3/19/2023 at 8:14 PM, Zephyr said:

Subtle..... but fits your sense of humour

Screenshot_20230319_181310.jpg

I need some help here.

9 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

I need some help here.

You and all the restofus!  But if I had to put money on a forumite to finger it oot it would be between PZ and Trenton!

Well shit, I just got it. Nice. :) Of course considering the source made it almost instant. Weird how that worked!  :D

7 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Can we start making new car recommendations?  This front plate nonsense is a waste of time. He and his wife NEED new cars (or, really, trucks), so let's get cracking on making suggestions.

Wife F 2 Fiddy with a lift kit - plates "HER'S"

Wheels - Hyundai Santa Cruz "HER'S 2"

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

• 5 weeks later...

Had the same problem when bought a car in RI. Discovered the front plact bracket installed and looked at photo texted wife after test drive. They install them on the original PDI, not when cleaned up for delivery at sale.

Thought about taking off and repairing the hole with Bondo and touchup paint. But besides the effort that would require, just seemed wrong on a new car, plus could do it anytime in the future.

Then the debate what to get. University? Sport Team? Cycling/Photography or other hobby? Political slamming the Governor that might get the car keyed?

Then settled on this after perusing through Amazon. Ironically, the military exchanges and the VA canteen didn't have anything. I liked the black against the silver car over the more AF Blue.

IMG_1350 (1).jpg

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

VA was a two plate state when I lived there.  The Daytona had two front plate screw holes...........on the bottom of the nose.  I was stopped several times for not having a front plate and when I showed the staties where it was mounter per factory spec they said that position was unacceptable.  They made me bend the plate so most of it was close to vertical.  Unfortunately that interfered with the air flow into the lower two radiator intake holes under the nose of the car so I would bend it back to flat as soon as they were out of sight.  It was a rickie tickie bullshit situation.

8 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

VA was a two plate state when I lived there.  The Daytona had two front plate screw holes...........on the bottom of the nose.  I was stopped several times for not having a front plate and when I showed the staties where it was mounter per factory spec they said that position was unacceptable.  They made me bend the plate so most of it was close to vertical.  Unfortunately that interfered with the air flow into the lower two radiator intake holes under the nose of the car so I would bend it back to flat as soon as they were out of sight.  It was a rickie tickie bullshit situation.

It seems most "sports car" owners here in VA ignore the rule. Some toss it in the glove box or on the floor in the back, or maybe put it on the dash.

I remember years ago, the Dulles Access/Toll Road FINALLY started using cameras to capture toll avoidance and front plates help with that a bit.  They try to capture front plate, rear plate, and driver photos.  Not sure how well it does, but they're now phasing out "fines" in general at many toll plazas and going to 1) EasyPass type payment, and then, if no EasyPass/whatnot, 2) send a bill plus a processing fee (aka the fine but a little less $$$) to the plate owner.  Not sure what their "success" rate is in reading plates and receiving out-of-state payments, but it saves on manned toll plaza costs.