I went to pay

Longjohn

The only thing that you should use a debit card for is getting money out of an ATM or an emergency backup to a credit card. If someone hacks your debit card, they can get to all your savings and clear you out. Eventually you might get the money back. Might.

With a credit card you are usually only responsible for the first $50 that is stolen.

• Heart 3

Ugh, I hate that sinking feeling in your stomach when you notice something big like that missing.  I'm glad you were able to get cash from the bank without it.  Did you write a check?  I have to use my bank card for any withdrawals unless I've written a check, and I thought I was the last person still using checks for anything.   Glad it worked out for you

9 minutes ago, JerrySTL said:

The only thing that you should use a debit card for is getting money out of an ATM or an emergency backup to a credit card. If someone hacks your debit card, they can get to all your savings and clear you out. Eventually you might get the money back. Might.

With a credit card you are usually only responsible for the first $50 that is stolen.

I’ve never had a problem with using a debit card for everything. Back when I used to use credit cards it seemed there were always issues. My bank will not allow anyone to clean me out.

Everybody has their 'way' of doing things but... 

12 minutes ago, JerrySTL said:

This...

1 minute ago, Longjohn said:

My bank will not allow anyone to clean me out.

Maybe...   :scratchhead:   then again a person I worked with had their pay check directly deposited into their checking account.  Their debit card was comprised and the checking account was cleaned out. 

• Heart 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Kirby said:

Did you write a check?  I have to use my bank card for any withdrawals unless I've written a check,

I just walked in the bank and told them I needed cash because I left my debit card in Pittsburgh. They had me sign for it. Small towns are probably easier than the big city

• Heart 2

2 minutes ago, Bikeguy said:

Everybody has their 'way' of doing things but... 

This...

Maybe...   :scratchhead:   then again a person I worked with had their pay check directly deposited into their checking account.  Their debit card was comprised and the checking account was cleaned out. 

That was totally the banks fault. How soon did they restore the money?