If you were going to get a blender, what blender would you get?

Randomguy

Ok, I would have to have an inordinate justification for such an expensive beast, so, why vitamix?  Why not something many hundreds of dollars less expensive? And which one (assuming they have many models to confuse things completely).   

Spending big money on quality equipment often pays off.  This thing is a beast.  It easily grinds up frozen veggies / fruits to make delicious smoothies.  We also use it to puree veggies into nice soups.  Go take a look at one, you'll like it.

They come highly recommended by Warren Zevon. :)

Excellent. :2:

We recently got a blender* that we're quite happy with but I have no idea who made it.  And our blending needs are generally minimal other than our smoothie-happy daughter.  And making a smoothie doesn't require the best blender.

*Said replacement was necessitated by the same smoothie-happy daughter, who was carrying it by the pitcher handle, not realizing it wasn't attached to the base.

Vitamix is best in all applications and for durability.  Breville matches it in performance for half the price.

Yeah, I am going to read up some more, but I am leaning toward the Breville.  I watched a couple other videos, and the Breville was best at sucking the foods down to the blades (by far) on its own than the Vitamix and others, thereby reducing the fuss factor.  Seems like it has a smaller footprint, too.

On the other hand, my mom has had a Vitamix for years, and she doesn't use it, maybe I can get a freebie.  I will see.

I see you also have the magic bullet or nutribullet or something like it, when do you end up using one vs. the other?

The Nutribullet is for smaller smoothies, usually for one person, and definitely not for lots of solid frozen stuff.

The Vitamix has a hole in the top and they provide a tamper.  We will it with stuff and can tamp it down into the blade to grind it up.  Another bonus is they provide a 7 year warranty on the uni.  We've already taken advantage of this.

The Nutribullet is for smaller smoothies, usually for one person, and definitely not for lots of solid frozen stuff.

The Vitamix has a hole in the top and they provide a tamper.  We will it with stuff and can tamp it down into the blade to grind it up.  Another bonus is they provide a 7 year warranty on the uni.  We've already taken advantage of this.

I admit to being tempted by the Vitamix, SQ uses hers daily (and to good effect, too), and she is not the sort to steer you wrong.  I am going to be using it primarily for green smoothifying with seeds and protein and such, and RW has delusions of making smooshed foods for RB.  

I got this a couple years ago from Walmart.  I use the single serving sizes more than anything, and have used it almost every day with no problems.  I mix frozen fruit, fresh fruit, hot soups...  $80.

k2-_ce921797-3743-48fd-a175-c4a25b067b22

I like the single serving size on the magic bullet I have somewhere, but it would be better to have the larger capacity now that RB is getting excited by whatever I am having.  I was surprised it didn't break, pretty nice for $50.

RG my girlfriend just used a small food processor to smoosh food for her son...for MANY years.  He was handicapped and she had to smoosh everything...for years.

I have a regular blender...cheapie probably $30 or $40.....I do think about something more...but then you get into the juicing/smoothie conversation...so for now my cheapie blender.