Heck of a curb find

Rattlecan

16 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Very cool!  Is that Campy group set Victory maybe?  It’s definitely not Nuevo or Super Record.  

Every-time we roll by a garage sale I always look for a vintage bike being sold on the cheap. 

Not sure. I think it is a lower tier group set but still not bad.

• Heart 1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

I guess it depends also on what he wants for saddle and tires too. Or maybe men aren't as fussy. (Dearie would plunk down $150.00CAN for his..a few yrs. ago).

Tires are tubulars so not too many choices under a hundred bucks a tire. I got him a set of Schwalbe tubulars at ninety bucks apiece. Plus mounting them is a lot more labour than clinchers.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Rattlecan said:

Tires are tubulars so not too many choices under a hundred bucks a tire. I got him a set of Schwalbe tubulars at ninety bucks apiece. Plus mounting them is a lot more labour than clinchers.

I understand Rattlecan:  last yr. I willingly paid $90.00 for 1 Schwable blue liner tire ..I can't remember the width. Something more than a skinny. My older, loved Schwable tire had fine cracks. It was over 7 yrs. old.

• Heart 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Rattlecan said:

Can you put sealant in those?  I ran tubulars or “sew ups” back in my racer boy days and man were they a PITA.  I guess for a Eroica or such they would be fine (maybe)  but  not something I would ever ride on a regular basis. 

7 hours ago, ChrisL said:

Can you put sealant in those?  I ran tubulars or “sew ups” back in my racer boy days and man were they a PITA.  I guess for a Eroica or such they would be fine (maybe)  but  not something I would ever ride on a regular basis. 

Yeah you can run sealant in them. I will be putting some in.

• Awesome 1
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Rattlecan said:

All buttoned up and ready to go.

A bit more info.

The model is Rekord 841 which makes it 1985ish. 
Not quite entry level but not too high on the pecking order.

Hi ten tubing. Haven’t weighed it yet but I have a hanging scale in the garage so I will try to remember to check it before it gets picked up.

9CBCB0C4-D8F5-47EE-AF61-11A609C4C954.jpeg

995090D9-31F1-46CF-AF2D-8D69332AD812.jpeg

EEDA2874-D8E5-4494-8591-E2972F4B6532.jpeg

Wow, it cleaned up really nicely!

• Heart 1

A friend of mine, his sister was getting a divorce from her husband of many years.  They were pretty well off, she got over $2M in the divorce.  He was a avid rider, I'd see him out on the riding trail regularly and he was always on a nice bike.  I think he was on a Canondale the last time I saw him.  Anyway, after he moved out, but hadn't moved all of his belongings yet, she was cleaning house and took his two road bikes out to the end of driveway and put FREE signs on them.  Someone got some nice bikes for nothing.

• Heart 1

7 minutes ago, TrentonMakes said:

Beautiful.  Love the white bar tape and cables (I just wish white bar tape stayed white).

I know. Even installing it I leave it until last thing and scrub my hands like I am performing surgery but it still manages to get a bit dirty in the process.

• Heart 1