jsharr

3 hours ago, jsharr said:

I have not worn a size 38 jean in years

I just got down to size 36 over the last year.

Then again... there is this.    Sizes have GROWN over the years too.   Back when I did wear a size 36...  I'd bet they would NOT fit me today,   The size 36 we have today is bigger than the size 36 decades ago.  

I found this comparison for size 34 jeans.   link

Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire: Is the labeled waistline on your jeans accurate?

• Heart 2

Just now, jsharr said:

regardless, since I was and am wearing Wranglers, I feel good about going from a wrangler make believe 40 to a wrangler make believe 38

Yeah... that's a good thing.  

I more than happy I can wear Levi's size 36 now.  That a LOT better than I was several years ago.  If I recall.  40 of 42 was my largest.  I'm at least 60 pounds down since then.

• Heart 2

4 hours ago, jsharr said:

“ Wranglers is what I am wearing!  I have not worn a size 38 jean in years. I wonder how long until I can fit in 36s?

Good for you J.  I'm making progress.  It's not happening fast enough but I know it will because I'm tracking all my intake and coming in way (weigh?) below my caloric intake.  I pick up the exercise and eliminate a bad food here or there and I'll do it.  I'm committed.  Keep it up!  36 at our age is a very good waist number.

• Heart 2

I wear between 34 and 32 depending on brand. The ones I have that used to fit, now need a belt! I have a couple pairs of non-bib cycling shorts. They were rolling over at the waist band and that’s not happening now. I still see belly fat but we’re making progress. 

• Heart 2

2 hours ago, Bikeguy said:

I just got down to size 36 over the last year.

Then again... there is this.    Sizes have GROWN over the years too.   Back when I did wear a size 36...  I'd bet they would NOT fit me today,   The size 36 we have today is bigger than the size 36 decades ago.  

I found this comparison for size 34 jeans.   link

Liar, Liar, Pants on Fire: Is the labeled waistline on your jeans accurate?

I wonder if they check length as well. I wore 36x36

• Heart 2

53 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

I wore 36x36

I was,  pants 36 X 36,   and a long sleeve shirt 36.   That made it ease to remember.   I'm back to that... 

Now 36 in length seems long.   I must have gotten shorter.... or they expanded that measurement too...  or both.  

4 hours ago, Bikeguy said:

I was,  pants 36 X 36,   and a long sleeve shirt 36.   That made it ease to remember.   I'm back to that... 

Now 36 in length seems long.   I must have gotten shorter.... or they expanded that measurement too...  or both.  

One of my doctors offices asked me how tall I am now. I told them 6’5”. They said you can’t be, everyone shrinks as they age and you are in your 70s. They changed my height to 6’4”. My oncologist said they were having trouble measuring people with the height gauge that is on the scale so they bought a new digital device that is highly accurate and not subject to human error. They had me take off my shoes and stand up straight. They said I am 6’5.55”.

• Heart 1

15 hours ago, jsharr said:

“ Wranglers is what I am wearing!  I have not worn a size 38 jean in years. I wonder how long until I can fit in 36s?

Possibly so quick you might want to just go pantless in the 38, 36, 34, and 32 waist sizes until you hit your natural - Jerry Seinfeld-esque - 30!

• Heart 1