Total Miles for 2014

Road Runner

Count: 150 Activities Distance: 3,833.38 mi Time: 263:23:46 h:m:s Elevation Gain: 77,275 ft Avg Speed: 14.6 mph Calories: 155,824 C Avg Bike Cadence: 83 rpm Max Time: 8:02:54 h:m:s Avg Distance: 25.56 mi Max Distance: 115.00 mi Max Speed: 42.5 mph Avg HR: 134 bpm Max HR: 240 bpm Avg Power: 133 W

That's cool.  But I have never understood the term "elevation gain".  What about all of the downhill?  I don't understand how you can ride up a 100 ft incline and then down a 100 ft decline and still end up with a "gain"? 

this year I was unemployed for a huge portion of the year, but in most years I still get about 14k miles and work full time.

Cool. I have to think 1) the constant nice weather helps, and 2) the flat terrain where you live. But it rains lightly here, I've lived here my whole life, and I have a roughly 25 mile ride into Seattle on a Rails-To-Trail deal so I have no excuse.

Finding the time is the biggest challenge.

Riding before work is not an option for me, If I am not on the rode driving to work by 5:15 am, it takes twice as long to get there.

I commute about 3 - 4 hours a day, when I get home I am often too tired to go ride, but I sometimes do.

I try to ride to work twice a week when the weather is nice.  It's 30 miles each way, so that helps pack in the miles.

Sometimes on weekends I just don't feel like taking up my only free day riding all day long.

I don't race and I don't do group rides so that makes it a little harder to get the miles in.

Working full time, commuting 15+ hours a week and taking care of a house is a big burden.  I'm happy with the 4,000 (almost) miles I got in.

• Heart 2