What makes you awesome?

Square Wheels

9 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

I don't understand "can't".

I'd review the definition of "awesome" and get back to us.

But, yeah, it is good to have a sense of adventure and a willingness to try things.  I'd say my awesomeness is derived from not letting preconceived ideas stop me from giving things a try. "Flexibility" and neural plasticity are key :D

• Heart 4

I apologize professionally very well, although that is getting old.  One of our techs doesn't communicate well with clients and doesn't escalate issues quickly enough when he is outclassed by a situation/problem.  Reeducation hasn't seemed to work, but resolution is coming.  

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, Square Wheels said:

I don't understand "can't".

Were you in my high school history class???? Our teacher was the varsity basketball coach. He got on a (upbeat) rant during class, grabbed the dictionary, and cut out the word "cannot". 😳 

It must have made an inner impression on me; I kinda am that way.

• Heart 1

13 minutes ago, smudge said:

Were you in my high school history class???? Our teacher was the varsity basketball coach. He got on a (upbeat) rant during class, grabbed the dictionary, and cut out the word "cannot". 😳 

That is cool!  I think teachers often are remembered from one distinct moment.  I’ve said it too many times but my tough and gruff crewcutted football coach high school chemistry teacher writing “when you ASS U ME, you make an ASS out of U and ME” on the board is the best educational tidbit I have ever received. You just can’t go wrong adhering to that advice!

40 minutes ago, smudge said:

You can tell why coaches usually taught history and not math. One of our high school coaches put up a big sign in the locker room that he expects his players to give 150%. I guess that’s where the phrase big dumb jock originated.

I have a fairly well-developed ability to explain complex systems in a way that a large audience can understand it. Also got a snippet of praise from my immediate supervisor that she passed along from our VP:

Wayne seems to embody the concept of a Solutions Architect perfectly. Other Devs build the rooms, buildings, and roads of our tech stack. Wayne somehow visualizes the entire global environment and can provide roadmaps and processes virtually on demand to any scale.

Copied it from the email. I liked it.  

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1