First softball night

Parr8hed

41 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

Cold, windy, some rain, maybe some snow? 

Em started at the one bag.  Got some good reps in there.  Warmed up a few times to come in for our starting pitcher but pitch kept working her way out of jams so Emmy stayed put at one. 

Played a team with a good starting pitcher.  Had a nice rise.  Emmy wiffed at a rise ball on her first AB for strike 3.  Fouled out on her next AB.  

One of her travel teammates with a huge bat was on the other team.  She hit a game changing scud with 2 on that could have really made the outcome different but instead our 3rd baseman turned it into a nice little 5-4-3 double.  

Second time through the lineup we timed the other pitcher up pretty good and ended up winning by run rule.  

Emmy pitched JV after that and we won.  Pretty unremarkable.  First inning was a little wild but she settled in. 

Glad the first one is in the books. 

Good that she’s getting reps with Varsity but also getting to pitch with JV.  I’m sure she has played up in the past but how was Em playing with & against 17 & maybe a few 18 YO girls?  It seems there are always a few on each team that are physically dominant.  It can be a bit intimidating for a 14 YO Freshman. 

• Heart 1

53 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Good that she’s getting reps with Varsity but also getting to pitch with JV.  I’m sure she has played up in the past but how was Em playing with & against 17 & maybe a few 18 YO girls?  It seems there are always a few on each team that are physically dominant.  It can be a bit intimidating for a 14 YO Freshman. 

I am glad she got to throw with JV to get nerves out.  There was a really good crowd there last night.  Maybe the most she has every played in front of?  She has pitched big games to older hitters a lot, but nothing like this so I am glad she wasn't thrown in with "game on the line, bases juiced" situation. She will be the number 2 pitcher on varsity.  We have 7 games over the next 3 days in TN so I have no doubt she will get her first varsity start on the mound. 

• Awesome 2