New Mattress

LMichael70

Well I guess it is that time of life that I need to buy new mattress. My back has been bothering me for last 2 months and I finally went to chiropractor and she said to get new mattress or a new back. Old one is 10 yr old thereabouts. Should be delivered next wk. Any of others went through this recently ?

Yup, a few months ago we had to get a new mattress also. I started to feel it in my back as well, plus the WoK has a bad back to began with. 

We got one of those Serta rest ones that even the bed moves up and down (like in the old person commercials)

This thing has done wonders for my back! 

• Heart 1

It has been a few years now...but I feel like these pillow top mattresses which are no flip...are a crock...I didn't even have the most plush one..and in 3 years (with turning..but no flipping) my body less than 150 pounds...and being the only one using the mattress...ended up with a huge dip...WTF is this...??  I called and they replaced it cos the dip was more than and inch or something...I had to take pics and measure....  So watch out.

• Heart 1

I bought a top of the line Simmons less than a year ago. Pillow top, inner spring. Was very nice until my 95 pound wifes side started collapsing.

We had it returned yesterday under full warranty. Seems Sealy, Simmons, Stearns & Fosters are all notorious for this issue. Even a class action lawsuit against Simmons right now. Didn't know it when I bought it.

Getting a refund and buying an Aireloom Hotel collection mattress. Supposedly the best on the market for the money (sub 3k) and the guy who does the warranty bed inspections in the area said he rarely sees any with premature collapse. 

*Crosses fingers*

• Heart 1

Well I guess it is that time of life that I need to buy new mattress. My back has been bothering me for last 2 months and I finally went to chiropractor and she said to get new mattress or a new back. Old one is 10 yr old thereabouts. Should be delivered next wk. Any of others went through this recently ?

I wasn't getting very good sleep for the last 5 years. My wife and I popped for a Tempurpedic and after absorbing the cost, we have no complaints. I actually find myself not wanting to get out of bed these days. I never had a lot of pain -- but I've got none now.
  • Heart 1

I recently got a new Simmons.  I was interested in a Serta because I'd stayed at a hotel in Boston recently that had one of the most comfy beds I've ever slept on and the hotel has its own line of Serta mattresses that they sell.    But I ended up buying from a local store that I really like because of their lack of sales pressure and their great customer support and they only sold Simmons.

I don't expect it will last very long, but it's fine.

It has been a few years now...but I feel like these pillow top mattresses which are no flip...are a crock...I didn't even have the most plush one..and in 3 years (with turning..but no flipping) my body less than 150 pounds...and being the only one using the mattress...ended up with a huge dip...WTF is this...??  I called and they replaced it cos the dip was more than and inch or something...I had to take pics and measure....  So watch out.

My wife and I have an expensive pillow-top mattress and just last week when we were changing the bedding we noticed two dips in the mattress, one on my side and one on hers.  I told her we really need to spend more time in the middle.

I have never had a problem with a mattress.  I had a new bed with an extra firm mattress when I got married.  We used that until my wife decided she wanted a water bed.  We kept the water bed for over twenty years, I would still be on it but my wife decided she wanted a conventional mattress.  We bought one of those pillow-top mattresses that is made to fit a water bed frame.  After a few years she decided she wanted a regular bed frame.  Moved the water bed to the guest room and bought a brass bed with pillow top mattress.  I suppose we will be mattress shopping soon since we noticed the dips in it.  I want to work on leveling it out some by spending more time in the middle first.

• Heart 1