Here is a list of forum member(s) who don't owe me an apology.

Razors Edge

I never apologize and only a fool accepts an apology. Think about it. 1) They don't mean is and simply go on and continue the same behavior. And 2) you are turning over control of your emotions to a person who could care less - "Well, they did apologize". Look at every apology you have heard - either directed at you or, more likely, to the general public. Sure, they say "I'm sorry" but never is there any commitment to change. 

• Heart 1
  • Thank You 1

4 hours ago, Tizeye said:

I never apologize and only a fool accepts an apology. Think about it. 1) They don't mean is and simply go on and continue the same behavior. And 2) you are turning over control of your emotions to a person who could care less - "Well, they did apologize". Look at every apology you have heard - either directed at you or, more likely, to the general public. Sure, they say "I'm sorry" but never is there any commitment to change. 

I’m sorry this has been your experience. But my experience largely has been of sincere apologies and better communication. 

I've been perseverating on the requirement of change as part of an apology. My dad taught me not to expect someone to change. People apologize because harm sucks, not because they intend to change. The church would agree, and I suggest that its primary message is that repentance is nearly impossible outside of a relationship with Christ. And it's pretty impossible inside that relationship as well.

To me, apologies are to clear the air, not to precipitate change. Asking someone to change the action that caused harm might be asking them to change their personality, the function of their social standards, their hormone levels, firing of their synapse, essence of their being. It's enough to accept that shit happened, they feel remorse, regret, and apologize. 

Maybe that's why apologies have a sincerity of purpose for me. I don't ask for changes.

9 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

And I have breaking news for you Bozo Buzz, neither one of us are waiting on you and your ilk,

Yeah, waiting would be a bad idea - for you.  You're are NOT making the cut anytime soon especially considering your advanced age and questionable fitness.