What will they take out next?

jsharr

23 hours ago, Longjohn said:

Does he still have his adenoids? Nobody talks about adenoids anymore.

Do people take Preparation A for adenoids?

Ralph, I don't think I saw the most recent medical update that prompted this thread but I hope you feel better soon.

15 minutes ago, TrentonMakes said:

Do people take Preparation A for adenoids?

Ralph, I don't think I saw the most recent medical update that prompted this thread but I hope you feel better soon.

Thanks! I basically have had two weeks from hell. I could not eat atoll after the first operation, so I went back to the ER Saturday night and wound up getting my gall bladder removed on Tuesday.  Just got sprung today and am enjoying being able to eat and function in general.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 2
  • Hugs 1

9 minutes ago, Ralphie said:

Thanks! I basically have had two weeks from hell. I could not eat atoll after the first operation, so I went back to the ER Saturday night and wound up getting my gall bladder removed on Tuesday.  Just got sprung today and am enjoying being able to eat and function in general.

So, they convinced you the first operation AND the second operation were BOTH necessary?  How? Good meds?

21 minutes ago, Ralphie said:

I am just glad no one tried to throw you on a cart an bribe the cart man.

39 minutes ago, Ralphie said:

wound up getting my gall bladder removed on Tuesday.  Just got sprung today and am enjoying being able to eat and function in general.

That's good news.

Did they give you instructions about your diet after having your gallbladder removed?   Follow those instructions...    My gallbladder was removed in December of 2016,  

20 minutes ago, Ralphie said:

They said no real restrictions. 

I was told this.   Which is the info the Mayo Clinic has,

Although there isn't a set gallbladder removal diet, the following tips may help minimize problems with diarrhea after you've had your gallbladder out:

• Go easy on the fat. Avoid high-fat foods, fried and greasy foods, and fatty sauces and gravies for at least a week after surgery. Instead, choose fat-free or low-fat foods. Low-fat foods are those with no more than 3 grams of fat a serving. Check labels and follow the serving size listed.
  • Increase the fiber in your diet. This can help normalize bowel movements. Add soluble fiber, such as oats and barley, to your diet. But be sure to increase the amount of fiber slowly, such as over several weeks, because too much fiber at first can make gas and cramping worse.
  • Eat smaller, more-frequent meals. This may ensure a better mix with available bile. A healthy meal should include small amounts of lean protein, such as poultry, fish or fat-free dairy, along with vegetables, fruits and whole grains.