I hate my job

Airehead

13 hours ago, MoseySusan said:

But I love the work you do. It’s nearly impossible for the general public to recognize dignity in the population your schools are serving. Let alone human rights, growth potential, or something like contribution to society. Even as the work is complex and shitty. But always in the margin are examples of what care for people with IDD looks like when it goes horribly wrong. Here in NM, there’s now a flurry of investigation after three young men in residential care died from starvation and trauma. We’re hoping our own home visit and audit happens soon. 

Thank You for the reminder about why I do the work I do. All people deserve dignity, respect and support to reach their highest level of potential. It is just too bad the system is so incredibly broken. 

• Awesome 1
  • Hugs 3

• 7 months later...
6 hours ago, BuffJim said:

I don’t hate my job, but I still think about retirement every day. 3 years 6 months. 

I get the impression Airhead deals with complex human problems and demands that needs to be managed, including expectations of her external clients, which many of us don't normally get to that serious degree of risk (exposure) at all, in our jobs.  Or it's all mixed in with budget challenges.

I never hated my jobs. There were some jobs that became more rote after a few yrs., My last job was nice blend of different things, including internal people.

7 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

I get the impression Airhead deals with complex human problems and demands that needs to be managed, including expectations of her external clients, which many of us don't normally get to that serious degree of risk (exposure) at all, in our jobs.  Or it's all mixed in with budget challenges.

I never hated my jobs. There were some jobs that became more rote after a few yrs., My last job was nice blend of different things, including internal people.

I Agree that demands she deals with are beyond what most of us face in our jobs. 

• Awesome 1