What happens when airbags go off while you have your feet on the dashboard? Hint: some trauma

Randomguy

10 hours ago, Random Ungulate said:

I never let people do that, it is kinda stupid and obstructs your view of the passenger mirror.  Plus, I don't want to look at your damn feet, gross.

While I am also not a fan of that, I'd have to think most women have done that at some point in their lives.  And many men.  Maybe its a design flaw of cars with airbags, not with people trying to get comfortable in the front passenger seat on a long car ride?

37 minutes ago, Fret Buzz said:

While I am also not a fan of that, I'd have to think most women have done that at some point in their lives.  And many men.  Maybe its a design flaw of cars with airbags, not with people trying to get comfortable in the front passenger seat on a long car ride?

My first thought when I see ladies with feet propped on the dash is, “get your nasty feet off my dash. Ain’t nobody wanna see your hobbit toes! Get them back on the floor”. They get one warning. I really don’t care if they’re injured, it’s their own damn fault. Not all education come with long term loans, just consequences.

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, Parsnip Totin Jack said:

My first thought when I see ladies with feet propped on the dash is, “get your nasty feet off my dash. Ain’t nobody wanna see your hobbit toes! Get them back on the floor”. They get one warning. I really don’t care if they’re injured, it’s their own damn fault. Not all education come with long term loans, just consequences.

Socks? No one wears socks anymore?

• Heart 1

7 hours ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

I’m not sure the X-ray adds much more than just looking at the femur sticking out the right leg and the horrible bump and angle of the left hip. There will be PT. Eventually.

One day, I pulled into a trailhead with my mtb on the roof.   The trailhead served the mountain bikers on one trail, and also motocross dudes who went to the other trail where motorized activities were allowed. 

On this day, I  saw a guy kitted up in motocross gear help a friend who was similarly kitted down to the trailhead, no motorcycles in view, no helmets.  One notable thing, the guy being helped to the trailhead had his right shoulder where his right hip was, the hand just inches from the ground whilst standing/walking.  He looked kind of dazed.

I was careful on the bike that day.

55 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

One day, I pulled into a trailhead with my mtb on the roof.   The trailhead served the mountain bikers on one trail, and also motocross dudes who went to the other trail where motorized activities were allowed. 

On this day, I  saw a guy kitted up in motocross gear help a friend who was similarly kitted down to the trailhead, no motorcycles in view, no helmets.  One notable thing, the guy being helped to the trailhead had his right shoulder where his right hip was, the hand just inches from the ground whilst standing/walking.  He looked kind of dazed.

I was careful on the bike that day.

:needpics:

4 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

There’s a picture in the OP. Please keep up.

Yeah, there is sadly no "TPIWWP" banner, but I was hoping for a photo of his hard to envision "the guy being helped to the trailhead had his right shoulder where his right hip was, the hand just inches from the ground whilst standing/walking" statement.

Airbags have a lot of force - one reason child seats go in the back.

15 minutes before midnight on Dec. 31, 2012, I was home with a slight sore throat and watching New Year's Eve parties on TV instead of at the bar where my brother's band was playing.

My neighbor banged on my door and said a car had sped around the corner and clipped my car as it entered our street.

I went out and the tiny mark on the back bumper where she hit it was barely noticeable from close up.

But it was enough to set the airbags off, which had enough force to crack the windshield!

The police officer I called said my car would be totaled by insurance because the airbag repair was more than the value of my 16 year-old 1997 Ford Taurus and he was right.

But it's another case of State Farm being very good to me.

The blue book value of the car was $900.  State Farm gave me $2992.  When I asked why I was getting that much, I was told they took into consideration, new tags, taxes, dealer markup, etc.

I didn't mention they could have fixed the windshield, airbags, and polished the bumper for less.

I had already been looking at new cars for a couple years and knew I wanted a 2013 Base Automatic Vortex Blue Honda Fit.

I got the Fit for $18,000 (online apps said $18,750 was a great price), which I'm still driving, on Jan. 8th and paid cash for it except I was allowed to charge $3000 to my credit card - which I paid off the next statement with the check from State Farm plus $8.

• Heart 2