So I am starting on Mad Men

Ralphie

2 minutes ago, Ralphie said:

Nope!  I have no idea how long it went, but if I loose interest I will cut bait.

Remember, an hour of your time when you're a kid is a tiny fraction of the time you have left.  When you get to be our age, that is not even remotely the case anymore.

4 hours ago, Ralphie said:

Nope!  I have no idea how long it went, but if I loose interest I will cut bait.

I thought it was a fun show.  The characters tend to be reprehensible, but in an interesting way.  I like the way they all got drunk at lunch everyday, and all the banging that went on was interesting, too.  Enjoy!

• Heart 2
  • Thank You 1

On 3/24/2023 at 1:04 PM, Fret Buzz said:

Remember, an hour of your time when you're a kid is a tiny fraction of the time you have left.  When you get to be our age, that is not even remotely the case anymore.

That kind of fatalism earns no joy. 

• Thank You 1

What interested me was that show represents the period of time of my mom as a working woman..., and what she would have experienced.  And what she would have been experienced as she entered dancing competitions with a black dance partner.  All she has said was it was a bit of a scandal

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

19 hours ago, Zephyr said:

What interested me was that show represents the period of time of my mom as a working woman..., and what she would have experienced.  And what she would have been experienced as she entered dancing competitions with a black dance partner.  All she has said was it was a bit of a scandal

You have lead quite a life, your mom must have been quite a lady. :party:

Stephen King's novel Hearts in Atlantis, has the most gripping description of life as a working woman in that time period. It fascinated and sickened me.