Does Your Pet Have A Sense Of Fairness?

Razors Edge

My pup was pestering me on my way to the bathroom.  I figured she might be out of food in her bowl.

I wandered over to her food bowl and it was empty.  I spotted her food holder (a 1 cup measuring cup) with some food in it, so added that to her bowl and walked off.  She ran to the bowl, looked in, and then can running back after me.  She gave a bit of a whine, so I went back and looked to see what was up.

Her bowl was filled only with the "basic" kibble.  She was PISSED I hadn't included the chunks of dehydrated meat that usually peppers the kibble.  Since her tactic is normally to eat all the "good stuff" out first, and then graze on the kibbles over the next few hours, she seemed genuinely irritated that she was denied the good stuff.

It's all about fairness! Well, and manipulation. But mostly fairness.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

When my kids are over for Sunday dinner Smokey always follows me into the kitchen for hand outs. Well Jack got wise so he follows Smokey.

Smokey is such a good boy and lets me alternate between dogs.  Jack wants his and Smokey’s treat.  

Poor Jack might feel like he has been Wally Pipped!  

• Haha 1

Oreo gets a can of meat in the morning. His kibble is in an automatic feeder and always available. Sometimes at night he fusses wanting something more. I started giving him out dated raw egg and he is satisfied. I buy eggs a dozen at a time but only use them for baking. I haven’t been baking much lately but always keep fresh eggs just in case. I had a whole dozen that said best by December 22. He really likes his out dated treats.