Lecturing about cleaning my bike & maybe trip overseas

shootingstar

3 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

We're talking about possibly a bike trip in Japan next yr.  She warned me heavily it was lots of folding unfolding folding bike

I regularly watch Cycle Around Japan episodes.  The riders are usually foreigners fluent in Japanese, so they make it look super easy. However, there seem to be tons and tons of places to ride and see there.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Fret Buzz said:

I regularly watch Cycle Around Japan episodes.  The riders are usually foreigners fluent in Japanese, so they make it look super easy. However, there seem to be tons and tons of places to ride and see there.

Her group trip that she joined was organized by a Canadian Japanophile..... a guy who could read and write Japanese.  So he organizes this private group tour.  

Seemed like enough cycling.  I think they spent 2 wks. in Japan.

Of course, dearie and I didn't know we went to Japan at the start of monsoon rain season near end of June.....  :lol:  They went in early Oct.

Asia Trip 2018 – Cycle Write Blog (wordpress.com)

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

57 minutes ago, Fret Buzz said:

I watched episode where in a mountain region he stops by heritage silk-worm/manufacturing site.  The featured cyclist who has been living in Japan for 20 yrs....seems to have adopted traits or naturally has traits that fit into Japanese culture very well..  

In all honesty, dearie was like that.... naturally soft-spoken and always respectful, not doing/saying gauche stuff. (maybe that's why I gravitated to him in lst place.)  There are some countries you have to understand the cultural "spirit" to get along with locals.

18 hours ago, Fret Buzz said:

Some great scenery. Seems like enough episodes include some hard climbing up mountain grades for part of the trip. Thx for finding link...I've sent it over to friend.  

She talked about buying another bike to leave in our city so she wouldn't have to deal with shipping costs of bike whenever she visited.  She didn't think she needed to worry about theft and replacing quick releases with bolt. I think she is still in "visitor" thinking mode, not aware our bike theft probably is almost as bad as Toronto's.  :whistle: