Bono may never play again after bicycle crash

Road Runner

Bikes are evil.   :angry:

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/music/bono-play-guitar-article-1.2063693

The Irish rocker broke his left shoulder in three places, shattered his left upper arm, and broke a bone in the orbit of his left eye in the brutal wreck, which doctors said occurred when he swerved to avoid another rider.

Surgeons at New York-Presbyterian needed five hours, three metal plates and 18 screws to knit the mangled frontman back together.

• Heart 1

Me neither.  But I was really more concerned about warning our members about the hazards of riding evil bicycles than about the possible loss of Bono's guitar playing skills.  :)

Roads are indeed hard!  I try to stay as safe as possible by not riding in groups or all that fast, which is a snap. :D

I was walking along a road shoulder yesterday, and I was struck by the thought that this may be why we ride WITH traffic - facing it we would realise that, holy shit, we are riding inches away from 60 MPH behemoths!

• Heart 1

Bono may never play again after bicycle crash

He played? I thought he just half assed danced around the stage while singing poorly

Bono says:

"Recovery has been more difficult than I thought... As I write this, it is not clear that I will ever play guitar again," he said, adding that his bandmates "have reminded me that neither they nor Western civilization are depending on this."

• Heart 2

He may not be Stevie Ray or Eddie but he's been known to play with the band.  I may not dig their style of music much these days but I have to give credit where credit is due.  I think the Joshua Tree was one of the best albums ever recorded.  Sure, he comes off as a little pretentious with his "causes" but I think he does more good for society than a lot of "rock stars".

• Heart 3

Initially Bono sang, played guitar and wrote the band's songs. He said of his early guitar playing in a 1982 interview, "When we started out I was the guitar player, along with the Edge—except I couldn't play guitar. I still can't. I was such a lousy guitar player that one day they broke it to me that maybe I should sing instead. I had tried before, but I had no voice at all. I remember the day I found I could sing. I said, 'Oh, that's how you do it.'".[49] When The Edge's guitar playing improved, Bono was relegated mostly to the microphone, although he occasionally still plays rhythm guitar and harmonica.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bono

• Heart 1