Running is evil

Airehead

It is 21 degrees and 7AM. I am meeting 20-ish other members of the cult to run 7 miles. We are previewing a half marathon course. That race will be held next Saturday starting at 4PM-- yep it will be cold, dark, cold, and snowy.

I need to ride my bike or something.

• Heart 2

Treadmill running in a in a warm house sounds nice.

No it doesn't. Same goes for riding a bike on a trainer. Both are boring. However I'll probably ride a stationary bike at the YMCA for about an hour today then walk/jog a mile or two on the indoor track. 26 laps per mile is almost enough to get me dizzy! Or I could drive further and go to a Y where it's 13.5 laps per mile. Either way, it's better than a treadmill.

Well once we got moving it wasn't really cold. A good morning. My first real run in like 3 weeks since the flu and congestion mess. I am not ready for a half next week but it will happen anyway. It is part of a 4 race series (Four Seasons challenge) so you only get 1/4 of a medal at each race-- takes a year to get the whole thing. I am not going to end up with 3/4 of a medal so I will be out there next Saturday.

Actually, my back condition seems to improve with walking.  Sitting is evil for me.   :(

At work there was some discussion aboot "sitting disease", but standing is bad for me.  Prolly better cardiovascular-wise, and somewhat good orthopedically wise (stresses more bones), but bad back-durability-wise.  A good variety is key, I 'spose.  Yoga!  Yoga!  :D