Watts!

JerrySTL

Now that it has taken me 20 minutes to scroll through the replies, what is good for wattage?

I don't have a computer that calculates it on my bike, I usually go until I start to throw up in my mouth then slow down a bit

I have no idea. My Garmin Edge gives me estimated average power in watts and energy output in kilo joules. I have no idea what it means to me.

Was it EPG that was saying you get less rolling resistance if you ride on the painted or vinyl white line, or was that just me thinking that?  Same with new asphalt.  I need to go try to google that up for my own sanity's sake.

Yes, I always prefer to ride on the newer paved surfaces here in town.  It not only feels better, it's a little faster.

I presumed, but 2 mph is a lot more than I suspected. That's why I question where the science is behind this tool.

All you have to do is be riding along at a good pace (20 or higher) on the hoods and then go to the drops while maintaining the same effort and see what happens to your speed.  Give the lower wind resistance 15 seconds or so to be fully felt.  Also, try it with a headwind versus a tailwind.  The headwind improvement is better.  

One problem some people have with being in the drops is that they tend to keep their head down looking at the road just ahead of them, sometimes causing them to miss seeing certain objects that might be several feet above the road.   :(  :angry:   

And then you are going even faster when you hit said barrier. :(

One problem some people have with being in the drops is that they tend to keep their head down looking at the road just ahead of them, sometimes causing them to miss seeing certain objects that might be several feet above the road.   :(  :angry:   

No?

• Heart 1