On the 10th day of Christmas, honor your ethics.

MoseySusan

Ethics is a system of moral principles, a means of sorting out right from wrong. On this day, take an inventory of the 10 most unconditional principles upon which you stand.  Exercise your ethics alongside the defining issues of the new year for clarity of purpose.  Peace be the path that lies ahead.

• Like 1

Ethics is a system of moral principles, a means of sorting out right from wrong. On this day, take an inventory of the 10 most unconditional principles upon which you stand.  Exercise your ethics alongside the defining issues of the new year for clarity of purpose.  Peace be the path that lies ahead.

Nice idea, but I am going to have a HECK of a time coming up with 10 of those - it is hard enough to come up with 10 of ANYTHING!

When my students have writer's block I suggest these methods:

-Start at your head and work your way down, or start at your feet and work your way up.

-Start at your bedroom and work your way through the house.

-Start at your front door and work your way through the neighborhood into the community.

-Start at a defining moment in Kindergarten and work your way from grade to grade.

For you, maybe start with the first song in your playlist and work your way through at least ten others, or start at one end of your bookshelves and work your way through.  :)  You'll find the principles that define your choices located somewhere in there.  

• Like 1

Nice idea, but I am going to have a HECK of a time coming up with 10 of those - it is hard enough to come up with 10 of ANYTHING!

MotU, you can get to ten.  Remember, one….. for……. each…….. finger.

When my students have writer's block I suggest these methods:

-Start at your head and work your way down, or start at your feet and work your way up.

-Start at your bedroom and work your way through the house.

-Start at your front door and work your way through the neighborhood into the community.

-Start at a defining moment in Kindergarten and work your way from grade to grade.

For you, maybe start with the first song in your playlist and work your way through at least ten others, or start at one end of your bookshelves and work your way through.   :)  You'll find the principles that define your choices located somewhere in there.  

Oooh, I am being personally tutored by roadsue - I like this. :D

Your right - I can do it!  I can start with ones from work and work my way home:

1. Never do ANYTHING on Friday that could come back to bite you in the ass over the weekend.

2. Never volunteer for ANYTHING!

3. Keep your damn mouth shut!

Then on the drive home:

4. Always maintain a safe following distance.  You aren't getting any younger and people can be spontaneously squirrelly!

5. Don't be an asshole, at least not on a regular basis.  Save it for the special occasions. :D

6. Serenity now.

Then at home:

7. Keep your damn mouth shut!

8. Never volunteer for ANYTHING!

9. Don't start ANYTHING EVER that can come back to bite you in the ass at any time.

10. Wherever you go, there you are!

I dood it!

• Like 3

My number one that I will be vigilant about this year is to make doubly sure I do not buy anything that is tested on animals or produced by a company that tests on animals.  I have a great app on my phone to help me!  Ahimsa - this first and most important in the 8 limbs of yoga!

A little baggage might help if you need to make an extended stop along the way. Otherwise you might discover you're without something you need.

Ditto...you can only turn your shorts inside-out once.