Go big or go home? (dutch oven related)

Randomguy

So I bought a dutch oven, it is supposed to be kind of nice - https://www.lodgemfg.com/dutch-ovens-and-casseroles/6-qt-dutch-ovens.asp

It arrived today, and it is BIG, bigger than I imagined.  Do I need a 6-quart monster like this for 2 people and a baby, or should I return it and get a smaller one?  What say you, people?

If you look at a lot of recipes...they do call for 6 quart quite often....Better to have a littlr too much space than not enough  :nod head:   I have this yummy vegetarian chili (with beans) crock pot recipe...I leave out 1 ingredient wheat berries...and just making that recipe fills my crock pot to the very brim  :nod head:  In other words I couldn't add the wheat berries if I had them....  So yeah it may look big...but in the end you will find it works well

Yes and most of it is bean free also.

I was kidding, I like Shiner Bock on a hot day.  I seriously don't know if TX has other beers, though, my friend there drinks the usual heinous beers made by A-B and the like if he isn't drinking Shiner.

I was kidding, I like Shiner Bock on a hot day.  I seriously don't know if TX has other beers, though, my friend there drinks the usual heinous beers made by A-B and the like if he isn't drinking Shiner.

The craft brew scene is HUGE in Texas, just like our hats and boots and mouths and payoffs to NFL refs.

http://dallas.eater.com/maps/a-comprehensive-guide-to-touring-dfws-craft-breweries

• Like 2