The Odessa File.

Pokey

I'm watching The Odessa File on TV right now and I just spotted a glaring and I mean GLARING error. What self respecting German hitman/nazisympathizer would ever drive and E-Type Jaguar? Seriously? As beautiful as they were...mechanical nightmares.

Silly Hollywood.

While I never saw the movie, in the Frederick Forsythe novel it was based on, the protagonist drove a Jaguar E-Type; in fact, its firm independent suspension was a key plot device.

I never read the novel. Probably should....but anyway, the Jags back then were notorius for their mechanical/electrical problems. However, the suspensusion was coveted by the hot rod set.

0511sr_lopresti_10_z.jpeg

Prime example. Beautiful, isn't it.

I don't know anything about the movie or Jags, but the word "Odessa" is used a lot in crosswords.  

All you need to know aboot Jags is I once saw a junky old Chevy jumpstarting an expensive new Jag.  How do I know it was not the Jag jumpstarting the Chevy?

The reputation of Lucas electronics, and from personal experience (my MGs).

All you need to know aboot Jags is I once saw a junky old Chevy jumpstarting an expensive new Jag.

I was, shall we say, less circumspect in my youth.  I once saw a man leaning over the open hood of a Corvette, and he looked most unhappy.  At the time I was driving a 1966 Rambler American 440.

I rolled down the window, drove over and said "At least mine runs!" then drove away.  Quickly.

• Heart 1

I never read the novel. Probably should....but anyway, the Jags back then were notorius for their mechanical/electrical problems. However, the suspensusion was coveted by the hot rod set.

0511sr_lopresti_10_z.jpeg

Prime example. Beautiful, isn't it.

IIRC, a lot of people put these into Cobra kit cars?