Chickens make you feel a little strange

Parr8hed

I took a pork butt out of the smoker at 8 this morning. I then rubbed two chickens and put them in.  After I put two chickens IN the smoker I went out back and fed 5 chickens.  Just strange that in my front yard I have two chickens in the smoker for lunch and 5 chickens out back making eggs for breakfast.  If only the ones out back could see what I was doing out front.

Let me just remind the vegetarians among us that vast animal and insect ecosystems are completely destroyed to plant vegetables, causing massive damage that takes years to repair, if at all.  Bunny and chipmunk families are torn up, as are ladybug families and kindly singing grasshoppers, just so vegetarians can have brussel sprouts and tofu grown on a previous grazing paradise for tasty beef and pork and sometimes goats and lamb.

This makes me sad.

• Heart 3

You flesh eaters have to come up with the most ridiculous arguments to make your case.  There is no way around it, the way we treat animals is appalling, and every time you consume meat you are contributing to that.  

I am not sure you ever heard of a little thing called "The food chain".  Click on the link and let this video set you straight:

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/809422/

You flesh eaters have to come up with the most ridiculous arguments to make your case. There is no way around it, the way we treat animals is appalling, and every time you consume meat you are contributing to that.

Don't kid yourself Suzie, if a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you, and everyone you cared about!

So as a cow, I have the option of being born and raised to eventually become part of the food chain or I can never be born at all.  I think I would prefer the former to the latter.

I don't know, a life of misery doesn't seem to be one well-spent, although you could make a case that most being's lives are comprised of 90% misery.  Personally, I would rather not go through all the growing and maturing and whatnot if I knew it was gonna be misery.  Won't stop me from eating animals, though.

Some idiot has a cow for a pet, I am sure of it.

It has nothing to do with the food chain, and everything to do with the way these animals are treated.  

With great respect, it is possible to purchase meat products that involve humanely raised animals.

I do agree there are situations where that cannot happen --that is why I don't eat veal.

• Heart 1

With great respect, it is possible to purchase meat products that involve humanely raised animals.

I do agree there are situations where that cannot happen --that is why I don't eat veal.

Agreed, but about 10% of the population care enough to seek that out.

I seriously cannot understand how anyone can make the choice to eat veal!  Thank you for caring!  

The last eggs I got were organic and free range  :nod head:   I do eat meat, chicken and fish...but not as much as I use to. I understand where you are coming from...I am not there...but that is okay too. 

And for what it is worth...If I had to kill the meat to eat it...I would probably be a vegetarian...or at least I would only eat the occasional poorly cleaned and fileted fish...