I need weekend plans

Mr. Silly

I'll be alone this weekend.  Mrs. Silly is going to a scrapbooking retreat and my step son is of to some comic con thing.   It isn't really a comic con.  If you call it a comic con he gets really upset, it is like a necro con or  peekacho con or something.  I don't know, they all blend together to me so I just call it a comic con, face the wrath from my son and go on with my life.  Regardless, he is off to some type of "Con" so he'll be away so it is just me and Lucy this weekend. 

I asked Lucy what she wants to do.  She suggested I rub her belly, take her for walks, give her treats and try to take her rope toy away (you can try to take the toy but she won't let you have it).  That may seem like a full weekend for Lucy but I don't think it will fill my weekend. 

Any ideas on what I could do this weekend?

I installed gutter screens a couple years ago.  The looked pretty clean when I spot checked them this summer when I had to go on the roof to get one of Lucy's toys I threw on the roof.

I knew you were going to come back with some lame excuse.  The yard needs raked.  What's your excuse for not doing that?

Get your Christmas lights up early on Saturday morning.  Do some Christmas shopping Saturday afternoon.  Caroling on Saturday evening.  Church on Sunday morning.  Long walk for prayer and meditation on Sunday afternoon.  Lucy of course can do all or none of these things, she is her own dog.

you could try getting some work done around the house

those gutters sound like a great plan....

then there's leaf raking. You can make a game of it...see how many leaves you can pile up in an hour, then try and break that record!

You could always bake cookies

Then there's the more intellectual persuits like trying to start the leaf blower or trying to figure out the waffle iron

The world's your oyster, really

I knew you were going to come back with some lame excuse.  The yard needs raked.  What's your excuse for not doing that?

I was planning on raking, that'll take about 30 minutes.  This weekend we adjust the clocks back and hour for daylight savings so the weekend will be an hour longer.  Raking won't even fill the bonus time.

Get your Christmas lights up early on Saturday morning.  Do some Christmas shopping Saturday afternoon.  Caroling on Saturday evening.  Church on Sunday morning.  Long walk for prayer and meditation on Sunday afternoon.  Lucy of course can do all or none of these things, she is her own dog.

I could put a bag of dog poop on jsharr's porch and light it on fire.

you could try getting some work done around the house

those gutters sound like a great plan....

then there's leaf raking. You can make a game of it...see how many leaves you can pile up in an hour, then try and break that record!

You could always bake cookies

Then there's the more intellectual persuits like trying to start the leaf blower or trying to figure out the waffle iron

The world's your oyster, really

I could burn a bag of poop on Nate's porch too.

I was trying to help.  I put thought into that schedule.  Time for yourself, time for others, time for improvement.  It is a well balanced plan.  

You're right, you were only trying to help.  Do you have a neighbor on whose porch you'd like me to burn dog poop?

Yes, yes I do have some ideas on what you could do.

You could while away the hours, conferring with the flowers, consulting with the rain...

But really, though, I would transport yourself to some population center where you could go to a coffee shop and get tea and a pastry and watch people.  Then you could go to some outdoorsy store like REI and pick out things that you need to give your wife for Christmas, who will then give them to you.  Sleeping bags for you and Lucy, for instance.  Then I would have a hearty lunch at a nice restaurant, afterwhich I would go to some cheesy movie or somesuch, take a walk, then go to a nice pub for some bar food and beer, also in a place where you can watch people.  Then I would come home, fap heartily, and go to sleep.

Sunday I would exercise, watch football, and eat lots of things that are bad for you.  I would also go to a dog park.

I'll be alone this weekend.  Mrs. Silly is going to a scrapbooking retreat and my step son is of to some comic con thing.   It isn't really a comic con.  If you call it a comic con he gets really upset, it is like a necro con or  peekacho con or something.  I don't know, they all blend together to me so I just call it a comic con, face the wrath from my son and go on with my life.  Regardless, he is off to some type of "Con" so he'll be away so it is just me and Lucy this weekend. 

I asked Lucy what she wants to do.  She suggested I rub her belly, take her for walks, give her treats and try to take her rope toy away (you can try to take the toy but she won't let you have it).  That may seem like a full weekend for Lucy but I don't think it will fill my weekend. 

Come up to Traverse City for Iceman Cometh. It's Saturday. The after party is awesome. Bell's beer and lots of food vendors. Did I mention beer? I'm serious.

Come up to Traverse City for Iceman Cometh. It's Saturday. The after party is awesome. Bell's beer and lots of food vendors. Did I mention beer? I'm serious.

I've ridden about 150 miles this year.  I am really out of shape.  It says the route is about 30 miles.  I might be able to do that.  How technical is the route and how much climbing?

I've ridden about 150 miles this year.  I am really out of shape.  It says the route is about 30 miles.  I might be able to do that.  How technical is the route and how much climbing?

I'm not talking about riding it!! Come and drink some fine beers with me and my team. It's the after party that sizzles. As far as the course it's pretty techinical and over 2000' of climbing. Besides registration ended in February. But seriously looking for something to do, head north Mr. Silly.