Square Wheels is One Win Away....

Nate

from celebrating a World Series Title with Bosoxyacht!

This is actually a pretty big deal...3 world titles in a decade after generations of coming so close, but never winning the series

All the Red Sox greats that never got to win a title: Ted Williams, Yaz, Carlton Fisk....

and I even remember Bill Buckner as a great ball player, even though he had that one bad play in a game 6

but I'll always remember that game 6 home run Carlton Fisk hit when I was a kid. The Sox were playing the Big Red Machine. The Hated Big Red Machine from our division who used to pound my poor Astros. I respected the Reds, but I never rooted for the Reds. Nobody was scarier on the bases than Joe Morgan, nobody ever played the game with the intensity of Pete Rose...but that home run Fisk hit, the way he waved it fair...it was a classic for the ages

and Luis Tiant STILL has never looked toward home plate

those boys took the Big Red Machine to the limit. Seven games and they played all of them. So close, but not to be. Back then folks in Boston would tell thier kids that there was always next year, knowing in the back of thier mind that it was a lie. It had been since 1918. Few people were left in the land of the living that even could recall a Red Sox championship

and now they are one game away from their 3rd in ten years

just don't pop that champaigne too early

losing this one just might be in the Cards yet

But up 3-2 and headed home, it's looking good for yall, so good luck tonight

don't let the Cards push you to game 7

anybody can beat anybody in one game and anything can happen in game 7, so again, good luck

....but I'll be watching the Pens taking it out on your Bruins over on NBC ;)

Not sure what channel you're watching, but I'll be watching the Boston teams win on three different channels.

Celtics playing tonight, too?

tonights Pens game (its the Pens game, not the Bruins game BTW) isn't on our local ROOT sports. We have to watch it on the old Versus network, no run by the Penguin hating NBC. Seriously, they are all known Penguin haters. I say if you hate the Pens so much, why keep televising our games? :angry:

...oh yea, the Pens always bring the big TV ratings

Celtics playing tonight, too?

Yup, so say my Google calendar, and Google knows all.

I don't watch sports often, but my wife is finishing her masters, so it give me too much free time at night.  Tonight I'll be watching the Sox win the series at home for the first time in almost 100 years, I'll flip over to see the Bruins give the penguins a thrashing, then take a peek at the Celtics (they traded away all the peeps I liked).

the Sox win the series at home for the first time in almost 100 years

I didn't realize that part... that's pretty cool

Pittsburgh has won lots of championships, but not one in the city of Pittsburgh since the Bucs won the 1960 World Series at the old Forbes Field

the superbowl is always somewhere else, the 3 Pens cups were all clinched on the road, and the last 2 Bucs Worlds Series titles were both won on the road in Baltimore

Would you guys Shush please!!!!!!

It's too early.  Some of us Red Sox fans won't relax until the last out...., always waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Talking about the 'w-word' before it happens is like talking about a no-hitter in the middle of the game.

I'm a third generation Sox fan and will be watching and wearing the hat I bought at my first ever major league game at Fenway in 1976!!

Would you guys Shush please!!!!!!

It's too early.  Some of us Red Sox fans won't relax until the last out...., always waiting for the other shoe to drop.

Talking about the 'w-word' before it happens is like talking about a no-hitter in the middle of the game.

I'm a third generation Sox fan and will be watching and wearing the hat I bought at my first ever major league game at Fenway in 1976!!

I'm not talking about a W or an L, just mentioning my brother and his wife will be at the game tonight.