Winter's here

Zackny

At least through the rest of this week.

• Today Snow, mainly after noon. High near 20. Southwest wind 6 to 11 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.
  • Tonight Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Steady temperature around 21. Southwest wind 10 to 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 10 to 14 inches possible.
  • Wednesday Snow showers likely, mainly before 9am. Cloudy and cold, with a temperature falling to around -5 by 5pm. Wind chill values as low as -25. Northwest wind 13 to 17 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 2 inches possible.
  • Wednesday Night Scattered flurries. Mostly cloudy, with a low around -8. Wind chill values as low as -25. Northwest wind 5 to 11 mph becoming west after midnight.
  • Thursday Snow showers likely, mainly after noon. Cloudy, with a high near 18. Breezy, with a southwest wind 7 to 12 mph increasing to 20 to 25 mph in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 37 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
  • Thursday Night Snow showers likely. Cloudy, with a low around 11. Breezy. Chance of precipitation is 60%.
  • Friday Snow showers likely, mainly before 11am. Cloudy, with a high near 20. Breezy. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Good luck Zack, you'll be fine.  Upstate NY is better prepared for snowfall than most areas.  We got 3 inches of powder last night.  I shoveled the driveway clear in 20 minutes.  The drive in was fine except for that one guy in the ditch; maybe he'll stay home next time.

15 degrees when I left the house, with a very fine powdery snow falling.  Too cold for the salt to work well; I'm glad I left the house a little early.  I'm glad to be getting some snow too even if we're only expecting 1-2".

Looking out my window, traffic on Route 1 is moving a little slower than usual, but only a little.  Still, the office is very quiet for 9AM so people are probably running into trouble out there.

I'm looking forward to getting out and playing in it this weekend.

Indeed! Was jogging late the other night with my dogs, the cold and the full moon and the night sounds absolutely enthralled me! And the Great a Horned owls are nesting, calling to each other.