Why are coughs worse at night??

petitepedal

I agree...except I am also coughing more right now sitting up on the.....sofa

Ok, you need:

Ginger tea

Luden's cough drops (not because they stop coughing, but because they taste so good)

Benedryl

Codeine cough syrup (don't take this if you have taken Benedryl)

Warm clothing

Lots of pillows like Gatey said

Good luck, may god have mercy on your soul.

• Heart 1

You know...I just mentioned the codeine thing to someone...I mean I am doing my Z-pack and prednisone and Musinex per the doc....but a little codeine especially for sleep would be nice.

You really have to demand it.  For starters, Mucinex does squat, entirely ineffective.  Codeine lets you sleep in addition to entirely halting the cough.  Benedryl is the fallback if you don't have a prescription, but your doctor has to cough up (pun intended) or you get another doctor.  That stuff just works.  Ginger tea (fresh ginger) helps with the overall uncomfortable feeling.  Chamomile is good for calming your ass down, too, chase the ginger tea with some of that and wash that cough away.

You really have to demand it.  For starters, Mucinex does squat, entirely ineffective.  Codeine lets you sleep in addition to entirely halting the cough.  Benedryl is the fallback if you don't have a prescription, but your doctor has to cough up (pun intended) or you get another doctor.  That stuff just works.  Ginger tea (fresh ginger) helps with the overall uncomfortable feeling.  Chamomile is good for calming your ass down, too, chase the ginger tea with some of that and wash that cough away.

I am having ginger/chamomile tea right now, btw.