Campus Cruiser project <75%

goldendesign

I have made decent progress on the old benotto steel frame.
Bottom bracket, rear hub are serviced. New brake cables, chain, and bar tape. Paint finished.

So far not too shabby. A free bike I have invested about $150, including the rack.

Still needs work before I can ride to school. http://squarewheelscycling.com/uploads/monthly_01_2015/post-75-0-68147200-1420635882.jpghttp://squarewheelscycling.com/uploads/monthly_01_2015/post-75-0-73172800-1420635914.jpg

Still need the shifters and new cables installed. I also need to tweak the brakes. But I can figure this stuff out via youtube.

• Heart 1

just an FYI.. remove the front quick release hub and put on a bolted one.. unless you plan on removing the tire and taking it with you... I have seen lots of missing tires and people scratching their heads when I go to get my bike off the rack.. I personally carry my tire with me and lock the rear one to the frame and rack

Yeah the cables be a touch on the long side. This is my first time actually assembling a bike from parts up. Been a trial especially with bits breaking just from age.

Thanks for the heads up on the front wheel. The lock I have, kryptonite, has a long enough u to fit the frame and wheel.

I had first day of class yesterday and took my mountain bike. That was a headache. The opening on the frame barely accommodates the bike rack on my car. I didn't have the rack yet so my backpack with laptop, tablet, books, and binders was ungainly. I hope to have the bike jury rigged to ride by next week.

Thanks for the heads up on the front wheel. The lock I have, kryptonite, has a long enough u to fit the frame and wheel.

I had first day of class yesterday and took my mountain bike. That was a headache. The opening on the frame barely accommodates the bike rack on my car. I didn't have the rack yet so my backpack with laptop, tablet, books, and binders was ungainly. I hope to have the bike jury rigged to ride by next week.

not a problem... just would hate to see you be the one cussing and swearing :)

It got so bad last year with bike theft, they posted a security guard by the bike racks all day..