I am tired of winter cock-blocking me at every turn

Randomguy

I tried and tried to get my wife to move with me to Marathon FL when she graduated from nursing school.  She could not quite do it.  Then we had kids and we are stuck here now.  Once the kids are in college, I'm out of here.

My wife's family has a timeshare there.  It's been 2 years since I've been down to Vaca key but not a bad place to be.

I hope that none of the women of this forum are offended by my comments to the the "men" on this forum..

Man up you bitches. 

Spend a few winters in Minnasota, Northern Ohio, or NY.  You'll be running back to AZ begging for another bicycle crash on a sunny day in February.  But, I'll be the first to admit that I could not do what Dh does. 

Spend a few winters in Minnasota, Northern Ohio, or NY.  You'll be running back to AZ begging for another bicycle crash on a sunny day in February.  But, I'll be the first to admit that I could not do what Dh does. 

I spent 4 years living at 10,000ft of elevation as home(Leadville CO). I found that I didn't enjoy it as much as I hoped..

I'm no bitch, just smart enough to live with weather that I enjoy.

You have no idea what winter weather can be like.

MN, OH, and NY have nothing on Leadville, CO..

Spend a few winters in Minnasota, Northern Ohio, or NY. You'll be running back to AZ begging for another bicycle crash on a sunny day in February. But, I'll be the first to admit that I could not do what Dh does.

BTW, what does DH have to do with the fact that RG is bitching about her weather?

RG needs to move, or quit bitching about her weather.

Of course you do. The weather's nice and it's flat as hell for your bike riding. But let's cut to the chase... unless you have beach front property... that state is ugly. Giant swamp.

Depends on where you are. Yes, I live ten minutes to the beach. That is a utterly enjoyable part of living here. But if I leave my community out the north exit then I see nothing but pretty grasslands for cattle. Interspersed with old oaks and Spanish moss. Beautiful. Swamps are here and I can see why some don't like them, but I find them marvelous.

I spent 4 years living at 10,000ft of elevation as home(Leadville CO). I found that I didn't enjoy it as much as I hoped..

I'm no bitch, just smart enough to live with weather that I enjoy.

You have no idea what winter weather can be like.

MN, OH, and NY have nothing on Leadville, CO..

Why the hell did you live in Leadville?

I used to love to ride from Minturn up to Leadville when I camped in the national forest near there, fun times!  I bet you didn't ride at all when you lived there.   :whistle:

Why the hell did you live in Leadville?

I used to love to ride from Minturn up to Leadville when I camped in the national forest near there, fun times! I bet you didn't ride at all when you lived there. :whistle:

Leadville was cheaper than Vail or Summit County, but still close to work at Copper Mtn.

Btw, I rode year round when I lived there, but much less in the winter.