Realizing how muchTV impacts our daily lives

Gump

Every January we do some type of fast for the month. Usually it is food related. This year we decided to fast from TV and internet at home. Although we don't really watch a lot of TV, going without any really shows how much it is part of our everyday lives. On the bright side, I am getting a lot of reading done. :)

Every January we do some type of fast for the month. Usually it is food related. This year we decided to fast from TV and internet at home. Although we don't really watch a lot of TV, going without any really shows how much it is part of our everyday lives. On the bright side, I am getting a lot of reading done. :)

So you finally got the TIVO / DVR memory upgrade?  You are going to have a lot of catching up to do on your shows.

What is this "TV" you speak of? Oh yeah, it's the thing that the PS3 is hooked to.

Didn't bother having cable hooked up when we bought the house 15 years ago. Don't miss it at all. Apart from concert videos and some MST3K via Amazon the only thing the TV gets used for is me passing myself off trying to kill stuff in Borderlands 2.

Doing w/o home internet might me a challenge, but it's doable.

One of the main reasons I started guitar lessons is I wanted a diversion more productive than watching TV.  I was sitting there watching something I was marginally enjoying thinking, 'there's got to be something better to do'.  I rarely watch when I am bored in the evening now, instead I only watch thing I truly enjoy.