Snow....more than forecast

petitepedal

I snowplowed the drive tonight.. uncoverd a nice icy patch and fell onto my left knee.. I think I broke my patella :(

Now i'm warming up by the fire with a glass of bourbon before I go back to working on my fish tank build.. 

• Heart 1

My drive home from work tonight was fun.  Nobody else was out, no tracks in the snow, no snow plows. I know my road pretty well and know where there are ditches, etc. The snow filled all the ditches and it looked like you could drive right over into the fields.  I kept it on the road. The guy that plows our road must have gone to bed before it started snowing and blowing.

So what is the freezing point of beer, anyway?  You need to buy stronger stuff - no Coors!  :D

Our attached, insulated garage rarely gets below freezing. Yesterday it was 12 degrees in there. When I mentioned my slush beer to my wife, she said she has been leaving the overhead door open in the mornings while her car warms up. "I hate ice cold leather seats." She has seat warmers in her car. :angry:  Maybe I can use them to defrost my beer.  Its either that or I turn the heat on in the garage, but that more than doubles our ga$ bill. :scratch head:

Oh... It was my NG Moon Man beer. It didn't have the alcohol content on the label but,  Its a bright bold blend of five hops that flirt obligingly with the smooth malty backside.  It was yummy but filling.  I'm not sure why it froze.  :dontknow:

Our attached, insulated garage rarely gets below freezing. Yesterday it was 12 degrees in there. When I mentioned my slush beer to my wife, she said she has been leaving the overhead door open in the mornings while her car warms up. "I hate ice cold leather seats." She has seat warmers in her car. :angry:  Maybe I can use them to defrost my beer.  Its either that or I turn the heat on in the garage, but that more than doubles our ga$ bill. :scratch head:

Oh... It was my NG Moon Man beer. It didn't have the alcohol content on the label but,  Its a bright bold blend of five hops that flirt obligingly with the smooth malty backside.  It was yummy but filling.  I'm not sure why it froze.  :dontknow:

Well colour me surprised.  Beer freezes around 28F - alcohol is a turrible anti-freeze!

Well colour me surprised.  Beer freezes around 28F - alcohol is a turrible anti-freeze!

You're drinking the wrong beer.  I left my Troeg's Troegenator Double Bock in the car overnight and it got down to 2 degrees.  No problem. I had a case of ice beer in there as well and it got a little bit slushy. 

Boo!

Wow, if you post something it must be right.  My beer didn't know those facts so it didn't freeze. Do you suppose my car stayed a nice toasty 25 degrees sitting out in the driveway all night while the outside temp dropped to 2 degrees F.? Maybe heat from the engine?  

I missed work tonight.  I got home from having lunch in town around 12:30 pm.  Came in the house and loaded up the furnace and then brought in more firewood.  I went out to leave for work at 2:15 pm and found I had a dead battery.  I left my headlights on when I parked the car and we don't have a spare vehicle anymore.  I put it on the battery charger but not enough time to charge it and get to work.  Dummy me, I left the keys in the car because I was going out again.  When I heard the annoying buzzer telling me I left my lights on I just thought it was telling me I left the keys in the ignition.  I hate using my headlights in the daytime.

10931338_10152745168302762_6298647050195

By missing work on Friday night I got to go listen to a couple friends of mine that were singing in town at a Cafe that has twenty craft beers on tap.  I wanted to try some of the other ones but I couldn't get past Exposition Imperial Stout.  That stuff is good.  The weather kept most people home so I'm glad I had the chance to go and support them.  I have known Frank for over forty years and I've known his wife ever since they got married maybe thirty five years.  Awesome couple.  They own and operate a small newspaper.

• Heart 1

By missing work on Friday night I got to go listen to a couple friends of mine that were singing in town at a Cafe that has twenty craft beers on tap.  I wanted to try some of the other ones but I couldn't get past Exposition Imperial Stout.  That stuff is good.  The weather kept most people home so I'm glad I had the chance to go and support them.  I have known Frank for over forty years and I've known his wife ever since they got married maybe thirty five years.  Awesome couple.  They own and operate a small newspaper.

It doesn't get much better than that. :)  Beer tastes very good in a place deserted because of a snow storm.

• Heart 1