Damn you RandomGuy

petitepedal

I stopped and bought popcorn to pop on my way home tonight!!  I have a whirley pop popper and  :whistle:  do it on the stove top with a little oil...and top it with...Mmmmmm butter.

I am going to order some Bob's Red Mill popcorn online.  I have to figure out if white or yellow popcorn is best, any ideas?

Not the flu az...probably a bronchitis or maybe just a virus...I have been told there is a cough thing out there going about 3 weeks....I did cook dinner...I am not sure I will make the popcorn tonight or not...heck this was the first real cooking I have done since last week.  Coughing a lot (thats what they want me to do...kick the crap out of the lungs)...But..I am on the mend...still have a snotty red nose :whistle:

That looks good.  Also, you should buy the silver whirley popper and give us a report on how well it works.  I would buy one if someone else tries it first.

My first thought was "that looks cool", but my second thought was "I have no space in the kitchen for anything else".  I live in a dump with no storage, so I have adopted the Alton Brown philosophy of buying gadgets that multitask or get daily use.  

I think you should get one and report back, though, take one for the team!

I use a Whirley popper...got it for Christmas one year....I like it....I will say I wasn't careful enough :whistle:  and scorched the bottom a bit...but...it doesn't cause any problems...it takes up room with the handle and such....Oh and I have a glass top stove...have since I moved in here...I would guess I have been using the Whirely thing for about 10 years.   I was told by one of our previous chef's that they are great...and that often people get them...but don't want to bother with a pan dedicated to popcorn...so you can often find them at goodwill or other second hand stores...I don't know...I have never looked.

• Heart 1

My first thought was "that looks cool", but my second thought was "I have no space in the kitchen for anything else".  I live in a dump with no storage, so I have adopted the Alton Brown philosophy of buying gadgets that multitask or get daily use.  

I think you should get one and report back, though, take one for the team!

Okay.  I just bought one off of ebay.  Cheaper price but the same exact product, plus free shipping.  I'll let you guys know if it's any good.  Lots of reviews on Amazon.  Most people love it.

$_12.JPG