So whatcha' listening too lately?

Ralphie

I have a USB turntable (with cassette) coming that should be delivered today or monday. I will be digging out all of my old vinyl and tapes so I can rip them. I'll report back on this question in a couple of weeks... B)

For now, my playlist is heavy on Warren Zevon, Dropkick Murphys and Neil Young.

• Heart 2

I have a USB turntable (with cassette) coming that should be delivered today or monday. I will be digging out all of my old vinyl and tapes so I can rip them. I'll report back on this question in a couple of weeks... B)

Excellent!  Damn I hate you retired bastards!  :D

This Franz stuff reminds me a tad of Neil's Crazy Horse stuff, with its hard driving style.  Neil is one influential bastard. :)

Warren is always good, too.  I was just thinking how cool an old Warren would have been, maybe sort of like the gracefully aged John Prine. 

"I was sitting in the Hollywood Hawaiian Hotel. I was listening to the air conditioner hum..."

http://youtu.be/z0J3ossUzhU 

From his biography "I'll sleep when I'm dead" he wrote "Desperados Under The Eaves" in the hotel, and he snuck out the bathroom window because he didn't have any money to pay his bill.

My wife keeps telling me I need to do this.  I have tons of vinyl I never play.  The music I really liked I mostly downloaded from the net.

Today I am listening to "The Malt Shop oldies" on XM radio