Tiny fish tank

KrAzY

Welp.. I was dumb enough to enter into a contest that is coming up in the near future. It is all about keeping and maintaining a saltwater tank for a certain period of time. The rules are for anything under 29 gallons.. Heck, everyone can keep a 29 gallon alive for a short amount of time, and all the tanks people have used in the past is the rectangle or small bow front tanks.

My thought to win this damn contest was to think out of the box and rock this damn contest so no one can compete on the same level with me :)

I saw a tank I would have loved to use, but it was roughly 300+ gallons, just a tad over the 29gal mark for this contest.. I decided to make the tank I saw. I did a little research and ran over to an acrylic dealer in M area.. For roughly $30 I bought everything I needed to make this bad boy.

Here is how the tank sits after a day of cutting and some adhesive gluing.

Before construction with pieces cut

Starting the adhesive part

This is how it will look, but on a lot smaller scale. This was my muse

• Heart 1

I could put a few different types of fish in the tank.
Juvenile clownfish, gobies, and anything that will only get up to 3" in length.. I would not keep a fish in it for extend life (no more then a year) I feel it would stress them out.

The fish would then go my larger tank for a happy life.

I agree with you, but the WoK is starting to think they are nifty to look at if you do not have to care for them.. LOL

She wants to look at the corals, and now has named every fish we have.. it's kind of a pain to figure how she came up with the names.. LOL

Anxious to see it complete with fishies

I'll keep you posted on it, but it will not be up and running for a few more months.. I will update this thread with more pictures of it when the time comes.

I do however have enough acrylic on hand to build another tank also.. I just might give it a shot while I wait for the contest..lol
  • Heart 1

I think you might improve your chances in the contest if you take the brown paper off the acrylic so people can better see what's inside.  ;)

Also, if you can find a figurine of a guy in a suit, make a mold of a gray epoxy or a plastic block around his feet, and put it in the bottom part of the tank.  When people ask you can tell them it's Jimmy Hoffa sleeping with the fishes.

• Heart 1

I think you might improve your chances in the contest if you take the brown paper off the acrylic so people can better see what's inside.  ;)

Also, if you can find a figurine of a guy in a suit, make a mold of a gray epoxy or a plastic block around his feet, and put it in the bottom part of the tank.  When people ask you can tell them it's Jimmy Hoffa sleeping with the fishes.

I was think Ing making it a Lego tank, make the blocks into shapes of rocks and fish, the people I have for the tank are construction workers..

We have a fresh water tank that came with the house, as the previous owners were moving into a condo and failed to sell it.  I wanted to drain it and look into saltwater as a diver it is more in my interest.

The kids have named only one of the fish.

His name is Kevin.   :scratch head: