Running is evil

Airehead

PR for the first 10K. Up to mile 11 it was fun. Last 2 sucked and I seriously thought about DNFing. I knew you would laugh so I finished. It was really ugly. I hate running. The only thing worse than running tonight was being a volunteer. Those warriors stood out there for 4 hours so we could run. I admire them. I was too tired to eat afterwards or to drink a beer. It was 14 degrees and the wind chill was -13. It was dark. My water and fuel froze before mile 7. I ate a gu popscicle at some point. The water stop water was so cold that it hurt to drink it. I am an idiot.

• Heart 3

Insulated water bottle or camelbak :nod head:    oh and hot tea in the bottle to start..it might take another hour to freeze.

CRAZY WOMAN :P

One of the guys I run with had his camel back. At some point he said his tube was frozen. I thought he meant a body part. By the end, the contents were frozen. Mr. Aire has insulated bottles, stuff froze in them too but not as quickly. Hot tea is a good idea.

I really missed the hydration as evidenced by the fact that I am trying to sleep but keep waking up thirsty. Drinking two glasses of tea now was not a good idea.

My lord...what an effort...bitter cold, 13 miles, dark, January and so on. Airhead I applaude the physical and even more so, the mental toughness to do this. However:

ARE YOU NUTS?!?!?!?!?!?!???        ;)

Congrats....

• Heart 1

Wow. Props to you! Not sure if you are brave or crazy! Were your lungs and throat frozen too? Ugh. Super brave of you to do that.

I wore a buff around my face. It did help to warm the air coming in but eventually it froze because of exhaling into it. By mile 12 I was starting to cough which was part of the problem in the last lap. (Race was 5 laps) If I am stupid enough to try again next year, I need a better face cover and a way to keep the contents of my bottles from freezing.