Will Peyton Manning call it quits?

Former member
Go to solution Solved by jsharr,

you must be a fan of Fox News.

I said he was "just a corpse of what he once was". That's not what you thought I said.

You are right, I thought you said something different.  But to what you did say, you are still wrong.  He was great this year until injured, he was every bit of what he was before that.

You are right, I thought you said something different. But to what you did say, you are still wrong. He was great this year until injured, he was every bit of what he was before that.

actually he might be the most overrated QB in history. He leads all the stats, except the one that matters most...

Postseason victories/Championships.

actually he might be the most overrated QB in history. He leads all the stats, except the one that matters most...

Postseason victories/Championships.

Peyton got the requisite one, although Marino is considered great without even that.  He has always been better than Brady, for instance, maybe the butt-town tools would have a couple more SB wins if PM played for them instead, we'll never know.

I will agree with you about Fox, though, decent defensively, but not super-inspiring overall.  I think he would have been gone already if PM hadn't shown up to throw for a million touchdowns and all.

Dilfer always sucked, and I generally root for the Ravens.  

Why is he an "expert" standing next to the likes of Hall of Famers Steve Young and Ray Lewis?

Well, he played the game for what, 10 years?  He may have an inflated idea of how good a quarterback he was when he played, but he had some credibility from that earlier time before prematurely saying that the cheating tools of butt-town weren't cheating properly anymore (plus a lot of the other things he says).

These guys all want to jump in early on a bandwagon (just like the Peyton Manning suddenly sucks bandwagon) and think they are all smart enough to read the tea leaves where others just don't see it yet.

For what it is worth, I don't think playing the game is the only way to have credible opinions, though.  All it takes is awareness and study and keen observation skills.  I wish they would ditch some of the big-name ex-players and get people who are good announcers or commentators in their places, either smaller names or non-players.  Chicks on the sidelines don't work for me, though, I guess I could be sexist a little bit that way.