"Alright! Break It Up You Two!"

F_in Ray Of Sunshine

• 3 weeks later...

I am totally surprised that they all walked away from that!

Nope. Any dogs I've ever had have always intervened when the cats got into it. I think it offends their sense of pack decorum. Gus has always been subordinate to Zöe, but when she and I would roughhouse, he would go after her. At first I thought "oh, he wants to play, too..." Then I realized "No, he's saying "HEY! You're not supposed to do that!"

I love how the dog that is sort of marked like a Rottenweiler saunters between the katz after it is all done. :D

The black dog shoved his nose between the cats and chased the one off to the right. The Black and Tan one kind of comes in after the fact, but ensures that the other cat keeps going in the opposite direction. "...And STAY out....!"

It's been my experience that once a few dogs jump into something like that, mob mentality takes over and at least one animal was going to be seriously hurt or killed. In this instance, both cats and all three dogs must know each other fairly well.

My family was flabbergasted when we discovered the throwing water on a dog fight trick!  Instant transformation from snarling beasts to whimpering sad sacks. :D

• Heart 1

In this instance, both cats and all three dogs must know each other fairly well.

Yeah, they appear to be all from the same "pack". My two never really bothered my cats (they liked to tweak on the female cat a little), but any cat outside gets run out of the yard in short order.

Sierra used to shove her nose between the cats and physically separate them. Zöe would charge over and get in the middle, then chase the female cat off, like she was the one who started it. (Which was invariably wrong). Gus just charged over and intimidated them into splitting up- which is the "correct" behavior for the breed for herding cattle. (The "bluff charge")