Tell me about your best friend

Dirtyhip

I have a best gal pal.  We ride bikes together quite often.  I am so thankful for her.  She is great company.  The chic makes me crack up and she is usually up for anything.  She is a crazy one that will ride in the ice and snow.  If you say "let's climb"...she's like "OK, where are we headed?"

The best part is sharing motivation and passion for the pedals. She gives me a kick in the ass and I do the same for her.  

I'm so happy and content with my life and adventures these days.   :)

My best friend.. That's a hard one.. I have a few, first off it is my my wife and kids, and followed very closely by my dogs. They are truly my best friends.. Anyone else that lives close to me are considered associates I seldom hang out with once or twice a month

My best friend.. That's a hard one.. I have a few, first off it is my my wife and kids, and followed very closely by my dogs. They are truly my best friends.. Anyone else that lives close to me are considered associates I seldom hang out with once or twice a month

Dogs are everyone's best friends!  

Of course, my husband is first place in the best friend ranking.  I am talking about a platonic friendship that is special in your life.

Her and I hang out several times a week for bike rides. 

A tough question for me too - other than my wife/kids/brother, which don't appear to fit the spirit of the thread... I don't really have a close friend who lives within a couple hours.

I've stayed pretty close with four good friends from college, but now with families and busy jobs we don't see each other often.  The one guy who lives near Annapolis is the one I'm closest to now, which is funny because one night, senior year of college, I came as close to fighting him as I ever came to fighting anyone.  Now that he's settled down his temper has eased and he's a nice guy.  Our group was big into mountain biking in the early 2000s but he's really the only one who also enjoys road riding too.  He's the guy who suggested riding a century sometime in 2015 and that's what helped motivate me to get back on the bike last summer.  We can talk sports, kids, beer, engineering... there are things I'd talk about with him that I wouldn't broach with any of the others.  And every time we get together we try to make time to play a game of Tecmo Super Bowl, the best football video game ever.

Right now I think he's building a road bike out of my old 25" commuter bike frame (though I warned him about some of the difficulties he might face, with regard to things like 27" wheels).

A tough question for me, as the 3 I would call best friends live in the midwest.  I have not replaced them out here. At most I see 2 of them once a year.  One of them I will trade emails with. One of them started me in cycling, back in the 70's.  One I have known since I was young enough to walk and talk.

I'd have to say my buddy Rusty is my current closest friend. He was forced to fire me a few years ago, but we've never let that be an issue.

We both knew it was BS, and it didn't change a thing between us. We still ride together, and hangout regularly. I still get bike stuff at dealer cost or less, and he's helped me get through some troubled times.

Handsome Bob is a good friend too. I wish we could hangout more often, but he's got so much going on, and we are in such different places in life that it makes things tough.

That's a toughy. I have a few really good friends. My longest friendship spans about 32 years (since I was 8). We group up down the street from each other. Until I was finished w/ high school, we were inseparable. He's since moved to another state and unfortunately we don't see each other much, which sucks. When he got married (in 2000) i was in in wedding, which meant a lot. I have another friend whom I've known since college in 1992. We still to this day hang out at least every 6 weeks or so. Before he was married we hung out practically every weekend. And then there's a friend/colleague whom I've work with and known for 18 years, and we sometimes hang out outside of work. I'd say those three dudes are my best/closest friends. :) great guys IMO, who all would do anything for me, and likewise.