Spinning

Zealot

So far, I'm taking Zumba classes (twice a week) and Body Combat classes ( once a week), am running twice a week, riding my trainer twice a week and am lifting at least once a week . Tonight I added my first ever Spinning class (in place of my trainer ride). Wow! Just wow! I burned at least 1300 calories in that. 60 minute verge of a heart attack fest !!! Most excellent!! I pushed to the point of puking and smiled and pushed some more!!

It was amazing!

Tomorrow - squats and leg presses.

• Like 3

I work a 50 - 60 hour week. Mostly I set my own hours. So, I make time to be home in the afternoons for the classes and I sometimes get up very early to run, or do it very late at night. I like the cold and the stillness of the world at night. :-)

Sunday I worked from noon till about 10:30. So I ran at the crack of dawn. It was about 18 degrees and the sun came up beautifully and reflected off the white of the snow covered world! Some things there at no words for ! But I will make time to see them. :-)

• Like 1

I try to leave home by 7:15 AM and get home around 5:15 PM unless I stop to buy groceries..or like tomorrow I have a hair appointment..it will be after 8 when I get home....I was doing (at one point) 40 minutes on the treadmill 3 or 4 times a week...but I would have trouble keeping up with your routine...Yikes...

So far, I'm taking Zumba classes (twice a week) and Body Combat classes ( once a week), am running twice a week, riding my trainer twice a week and am lifting at least once a week . Tonight I added my first ever Spinning class (in place of my trainer ride). Wow! Just wow! I burned at least 1300 calories in that. 60 minute verge of a heart attack fest !!! Most excellent!! I pushed to the point of puking and smiled and pushed some more!!

Ok, I'm exhausted after reading that.

• Like 2

It was amazing!

Tomorrow - squats and leg presses.

Was your spinning instructor hot?  I always had an amazing workout when I had a hot instructor, if she switched with someone else and they had the class then not so much.  One instructor played really crappy music, that's when I gave up and quit spinning.

• Like 1

Was your spinning instructor hot?  I always had an amazing workout when I had a hot instructor, if she switched with someone else and they had the class then not so much.  One instructor played really crappy music, that's when I gave up and quit spinning.

Actually yes, she's very attractive. And very much into fitness. She talked to me for a long time after the class.
  • Like 2

I agree if it's me alone in the basement.  I take my trainer to a class with a coach three times a week.  It really helps when you have someone pushing you.

Agreed, a spin class would be different.  And if I still lived where weather was a factor to keep you from outside workouts, I would definitely consider it

When it comes to rollers or a trainer, I would rather run. I think they are even more boring than a treadmill.

When I do the trainer at home I do intervals. And I blast my stereo. It keeps me going. This spin class was different. We spent at least 70 percent of the time standing. And we varied the cadence and resistance a lot throughout the class. Honestly, I push myself hard when I ride my bike or when I'm on the trainer. But in this class, I was competing. (In my mind) And I had a workout that tops most of the others I've done so far. It was a blast! My legs were screaming, my heart felt like it would explode and when I thought I'd die, I increased the effort! My wife says I'm a sick individual.

When I got done my clothes were dripping. Literally.

Hey Petite, here's the schedule I think I'm settling on for the next couple months:

Monday – Spinning 6:00 pm
Tuesday – Running/Weight Lifting – 6:00 pm (or anytime after)
Wednesday – Zumba – 6:15 pm
Thursday – Body Combat – 6:30 pm
Friday – Spinning – 5:00 pm, Weights
Saturday – Zumba – 10:30 am
Sunday – Running (morning or evening), Weights

See, it's perfectly conducive to a 6:00 am - 4:00 pm work schedule. Not as bad as it originally sounded.