We won (gratuitous "we" for Bosox)!

Randomguy

It was a good game.  OSU took it to them.  Oregon looked physically beat up by the end of the game.  I think that last score was Meyers telling all the nay sayers to shove it.  Besides, making it a three score game took away any possibility of a miracle come back.

A couple of touchdowns is my guess.   I found the last touchdown to be uncalled for, though, just take a knee already.

No, as I see it, many did not give OSU any cred, talked about can they play with this high powered Oregon offense, etc.

They came in and played smash mouth football, were not flustered by their errors and still overcame it all to win.

Oh, and how many times did Oregon take a knee in 2014?

Look at these scores and tell me how classy they are:  http://www.goducks.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPID=233&SPSID=3377

• Heart 1

No, as I see it, many did not give OSU any cred, talked about can they play with this high powered Oregon offense, etc.

They came in and played smash mouth football, were not flustered by their errors and still overcame it all to win.

Look at these scores and tell me how classy they are: http://www.goducks.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPID=233&SPSID=3377

in college football, point differential matters, but not in the championship game.

Look at these scores and tell me how classy they are:  http://www.goducks.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPID=233&SPSID=3377

Well, somebody has to be the one to start behaving decently again.  They had already convincingly won the game, there was less than a minute left, they didn't have to win big to be ranked better, and there was no upside.

Oh, then it was okay to beat up on FSU in the meaningless Rose Bowl?

http://www.si.com/game/7631081/box-score

Just want to make sure I understand.

the last time they scored in that game was with 10:22 left in the fourth quarter.

What were they supposed to do? 3 kneel downs & punt on every 4th quarter possession?

I just want to make sure you realize what you are suggesting.

the last time they scored in that game was with 10:22 left in the fourth quarter.

What were they supposed to do? 3 kneel downs & punt on every 4th quarter possession?

I just want to make sure you realize what you are suggesting.

I have to agree here, there is a lot of football left with 10 minutes in the game.  27 seconds left is a different story, no matter how classless Florida people are.

how about you stop the other team from scoring.

Kicking field goals is almost automatic points. If the defense stops the team on fourth down, the get the ball and allow no points.

How does that not work for Oregon then.  Why did they not stop Ohio State?  How come you always have what ifs.  Dallas won due to the refs but Green Bay did not.  Your team is always in the right and the other team is always undeserving, overpaid, and classless?  Oregon runs up the score and the other team should stop them.  Ohio dots the i with a late score and they are classless.

You want to have it both ways it seems.

All I want to know is which way is the right way?

How does that not work for Oregon then. Why did they not stop Ohio State? How come you always have what ifs. Dallas won due to the refs but Green Bay did not. Your team is always in the right and the other team is always undeserving, overpaid, and classless? Oregon runs up the score and the other team should stop them. Ohio dots the i with a late score and they are classless.

You want to have it both ways it seems.

All I want to know is which way is the right way?

I never had a problem with OSU running up the score.

Dalass won a game with the Refs help, and lost one because of them. Even Steven.

OSU fans are tools, and so are the OSU alumni

I didn't read the linked articles, but if the jist of this post is that one team is supposed to hold back, I don't agree.
Competitive sports are meant to be played all the way through. You don't show your opponent mercy.

jsharr seems to like the soccer mentality "everyone gets a trophy".

In football it is traditionally best to take kneel downs when doing so will run out the clock. Until that time, you play to advance the ball and score.

you actually have a point?

You seem to move the goalposts every time someone shows you how insane your "point" is.

yep, that is me.  insane as all get out.  I am the one that said stuff like "Dallas did not deserve to be there and there was no way this group of refs was going to let them win."