Slipped on the ice

SuzieQ

Amongst other things, had a solid box under my right arm and landed on my side on the box.  Made it back inside but was way too dizzy to get up off the floor for a couple of hours.  Had Nixie and my daughters cat sitting staring at me.

Dizzyness has gone, but my ribs really hurt, and it hurts to move.  Black ice sucks!  

I hope it's not too serious. I fell on ice last winter and screwed my shoulder up. It's still not right.

Shoot, I fell on the ice and landed on my hip about 10 years ago, and it still hurts sometimes.  I think I must have had a hairline fracture or somesuch, because it really hurt for about 4 months after (all the time), and less so over time.  Hips suck.

Sorry to hear you fell... I slipped on ice the other night while cleaning the drive... my patella still hurts when I put too much pressure on it.. 

I'm glad to hear your dizziness is gone.. beware of the headache that might follow... Sending good healing vibes! 

Hope you feel better.  Remember to try and expand your lungs with deep breaths every few hours.  Cough really well every couple of hours as well.  It is important to keep your lungs expanded especially with rib injuries.  Guarding, or not expanding your lungs can lead to increased chance of pneumonia, clots, all kinds of things that you don't want.

This pretty much sucks!  Not only is it difficult to move around but I'm losing money by not teaching - somehow I need to make this feel like vacation :)

I can send RG over. He can stop by the playground and grab the sandbox sand and sprinkle it all over your floor, attach a few heat lights above your bed and then you can feel like you are at the beach!

Sorry to hear your still in pain... I hope you get better soon!