How long will Randomwife's mother live?

Randomguy

She has cancer (diagnosed a year ago, about), started out breast, then went to the liver and spine. Is an alcoholic, and a diabetic.  Not drinking now because she can't get to it.  Cancer is essentially untreated, because she is crazy and pretty much won't consent to anything.  Is crazy. Really. I could tell you stories.  She has done nothing except make RW's and her sisters lives miserable every way possible, at every step of the way.

Anyway, just wondering how much longer she will probably be a thorn in everyone's side.

I have been there, or in a similar situation with my father in law and lung cancer and mother in law in managed care with memory loss, dementia.   Getting old sucks.

Getting old sucks, but it isn't age so much as it is the crazy.  Anyway, I found out the only thing she was taking was something called Femara, not sure if she is taking it still.  I know it is for breast cancer, not sure if it is helping with the other cancer. 

The wife and her sister maintain that "she can't live even another month", and have been saying that for at least the last 6 months.

It's sad that people's lives fall apart so far that the only way they can survive is with alcohol.

She will die a horrible death and it will be soon.

It's sad that she has squandered what was given to her.  I feel pity and sadness.

I wish you and your wife peace.

Her life didn't fall apart from alcohol, it was never together enough to fall apart from anything other than schizoaffective disorder, along with a host of other problems.

I just want her to die so the wife can have some peace.  Her sister is completely freaked beyond repair and has no awareness that she freaks everyone else out around her, so of course the sister is freaking beyond freak about all this in general, and is a lasher-outer as her first defense mechanism employed in any situation, and then continues that as a matter of course.  I would have written them off long ago, and not looked back if I were her.

Some people grow up in completely messed up situations.