Have you ever broken your ribs?

Randomguy

Nope.  I have a bad habit of dislocating my ribs in the back along my T spine.  Sometimes moving or twisting the wrong way will do it.  While it is not horribly painful, it is a constant state of just being pretty severly uncomfortable.  When you cough or deep breath is not really fun.  Any bending over to pick up a wieght bar or a french fry that you have dropped can be a little tender.

The real fun come when the chiropractor gets to pop it back into place.  The first time I had it done he popped it back in and it was so intense that I just lay there on the table and broke out into a cold sweat right after he did it.  He was making fun of my wussiness and it hurt my feelings.

• Heart 1

how do you think I might have broken it?

I was not violently scissoring

Ok, you could have been mountain biking, you could have been road biking.  You also could have fallen down stairs or off a ladder.  You could have laughed so hard at a SW joke that you just broke it in two.   All we really know is that you don't scissor violently, or at all, possibly.

Ok, you could have been mountain biking, you could have been road biking. You also could have fallen down stairs or off a ladder. You could have laughed so hard at a SW joke that you just broke it in two. All we really know is that you don't scissor violently, or at all, possibly.

you know those steel grates they use as a road surface on drawbridges? In this area the use them in some areas to cover drainage ditches that are crossing roads.

It was raining Sunday night, and I slid out on the wet grate surface. Nothing major.

Last February I broke all of the ribs on my right side, and think I might have broken one this past Sunday.

I can't imagine how that feels. when I hear your stories I feel like such a wus! 

no I have not, but I have dislocated my shoulder a few times, broke my radius, and also broke a toe or two...

the box i was carrying broke my rib but probably saved me from a broken wrist or messed up shoulder which I'm sure would be much worse.

I did karate for a short time.  I got kicked by a girl, she was a black belt.  I think she broke a rib.  It made crunchy noises for a couple of years.  It only hurt a little.

You people are wussies.

So you get beat up by a girl and we're wussies? :scratch head:  :scratch head:  :dontknow:

• Heart 2

The answer is an unequivocal "maybe".

I was snowshoeing and got the brain fart to "ski" down a wooded slope - squat down and keep the toes of the snowshoes up and you can kind of "surf" on the snow breaking in front of you.

It worked like a charm.

Naturally, I had to do it again,

This time, I forgot to keep the toes up enough, the snow piled up and I started tumbling. I broadsided a tree and laid there for a good five minutes trying to get my breath back. My buddy thought I was dead because I was so still, for so long.

It hurt like hell, for a long, long time. I never bothered to get x-rays because even if I cracked a rib, they don't do anything for it anyway.

The answer is an unequivocal "maybe".

I was snowshoeing and got the brain fart to "ski" down a wooded slope - squat down and keep the toes of the snowshoes up and you can kind of "surf" on the snow breaking in front of you.

It worked like a charm.

Naturally, I had to do it again,

This time, I forgot to keep the toes up enough, the snow piled up and I started tumbling. I broadsided a tree and laid there for a good five minutes trying to get my breath back. My buddy thought I was dead because I was so still, for so long.

It hurt like hell, for a long, long time. I never bothered to get x-rays because even if I cracked a rib, they don't do anything for it anyway.

They do - they check your urine for blood to make sure you didn't puncture a kidney.  Don't ask me how I know that!

serious? I know it's not a bone, but I do know a guy that injured his during sex, and has problems caused by the injury to this day.

No, just kidding.  But I think we've all had it bend the wrong way during sex at one point or another (typically during heated moments of monkey-sex in our earlier years) and that chit is not enjoyable.  These days I don't worry about that so much.  :D

No, just kidding. But I think we've all had it bend the wrong way during sex at one point or another (typically during heated moments of monkey-sex in our earlier years) and that chit is not enjoyable. These days I don't worry about that so much. :D

Glad you're joking around. I know what you are talking about, but the guy I mentioned has a serious issue that isn't going to heal.

The guy is a serious douchebag, and he deserves all the problems it has caused him.