A Salute to Boston Sports Fans...

Nate

I never realized how gracious and sportsmanlike Boston fans were, but last night I saw on the news how people were just taking to the streets of Boston to celebrate our Pens 3-2 victory over their Bruins.

I could hardly believe my eyes

there they were, celebrating our vindication after that nightmare series last spring and well...I got sorta choked up

you don't see that kind of sportsmanship displayed in this society that often anymore

so here's to you, the fans of Boston

Thanks, from all your friends in Pittsburgh!

iceburgh.jpg

Gracious my ass.  Have you been to Boston?  We are some of the rudest, meanest bunch of mongrels.

We figured we'd give you that little gift last night as a token of our appreciation for the spring get together.

Oh yeah, the Red Sox played last night too.

The Boston police cleared the roads around the park and barricaded people from entering the area after a certain time - I think the 8th inning or so.

Here is a little more of how we celebrated.  Real pics from last night.

slide_323504_3073178_free.jpg?1383202169

BX4cdF5CAAAUtmT.jpg

BX4bkyiCYAAqNI4.jpg

BX4WIoAIQAAXukT.jpg

BX4U2bdCQAAjxX8.jpg

BX4VlCyCQAAhSZp.jpg

but Vancouver never actually won. That's why their riots were so destructive, the fans were taking out all of that frustration of being known as merely "America's Hat", but also losing the Cup series AGAIN

luongo_beachball.jpg

• Heart 1

I never realized how gracious and sportsmanlike Boston fans were, but last night I saw on the news how people were just taking to the streets of Boston to celebrate our Pens 3-2 victory over their Bruins.

so here's to you, the fans of Boston

Thanks, from all your friends in Pittsburgh!

iceburgh.jpg

congratulations on a great regular season victory.

I'm sure everyone in Pittsburgh has now erased last year's playoff sweep from their memory.

I'm sure everyone in Pittsburgh has now erased last year's playoff sweep from their memory

its completely out of our minds

speaking of completely out of our minds, we're actually looking forward to the Steelers game this weekend, too! :P

At the time of the cup riots, there were probably more Canadians on the Bruins than the Canucks..., which looked like Team Sweden. I was in Quebec then, VaAncouver was going to burn win or lose that night. My daughter wanted to travel over to Vancouver to watch the game in Robson Square but we (thankfully) said No.

I was in downtown Vancouver for the Olympic Gold Medal game (and after-Party) when we beat the real Americans in OT. When some knuckleheads tried to start flipping cars.., they were immediately surrounded by 50 or 60 guys who said "Not tonight..." and ummm..., persuaded them to stop. It was just good clean fun(except for all the ladies who kept pulling their shirts up to everyone in a Team Canada sweater.)