Super Bowl XLIX thread

Former member

Please note:

Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers threw for just 178 yards on 19 of 34 passing in Green Bay's 28-22 loss to the Seahawks in Sunday's NFC Championship Game.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/419780/aaron-rodgers

Please note that was a younger -- perhaps better -- quarterback than the one our defense we'll see in the Stupor Bowl.

Please note:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/players/playerpage/419780/aaron-rodgers

Please note that was a younger -- perhaps better -- quarterback than the one our defense we'll see in the Stupor Bowl.

in case you forgot Aaron Rodgers was hurt.

Seattle knew he couldn't run, so his playbook was smaller. Brady very rarely runs, so he'll have his full playbook to use.

Well, I just saw an article on ESPN insider that echoes the same thing I was going to say.  I didn't read it because I'm not a payer nor that big of junkie.  Of the teams that beat us this year, they were power running teams and the Chargers short passing attack.  Again, I realize this sounds like an excuse but our number one and number two nose tackles are out.  If I'm Billy B, I'm giving us a heavy dose of Blount up the middle and Tom dishing out short passes.  I'm not saying it's going to work but Bill seems like the master at exploiting weaknesses and that seems like the two soft spots.  Few teams, however, have had success deep down the field or laterally because of our team speed.

It's these two things that have me concerned at this end.

Well, I just saw an article on ESPN insider that echoes the same thing I was going to say. I didn't read it because I'm not a payer nor that big of junkie. Of the teams that beat us this year, they were power running teams and the Chargers short passing attack. Again, I realize this sounds like an excuse but our number one and number two nose tackles are out. If I'm Billy B, I'm giving us a heavy dose of Blount up the middle and Tom dishing out short passes. I'm not saying it's going to work but Bill seems like the master at exploiting weaknesses and that seems like the two soft spots. Few teams, however, have had success deep down the field or laterally because of our team speed.

It's these two things that have me concerned at this end.

Don't worry about the deep pass. Brady can't throw the deep pass well, and the Pats really don't have a receiver that is a deep threat.

OK, I'm gonna admit it.  Gronk scares me a bit.  I think you'll get some yards and if we uncharacteristically turn the ball over again (mainly the passes that hit receivers in the hands or kickoff returners donating footballs) -- yeah -- it'll be a long night.  That's why I think we need to take care of the ball and not play from behind by more than a score.  Force the other team to throw on us.  When we do that -- we're tough to beat.  We totally kept Graham and Witten in check.  But Gates gave us some problems early in the season and I see the Gronk making some plays too.

OK, I'm gonna admit it. Gronk scares me a bit. I think you'll get some yards and if we uncharacteristically turn the ball over again (mainly the passes that hit receivers in the hands or kickoff returners donating footballs) -- yeah -- it'll be a long night. That's why I think we need to take care of the ball and not play from behind by more than a score. Force the other team to throw on us. When we do that -- we're tough to beat. We totally kept Graham and Witten in check. But Gates gave us some problems early in the season and I see the Gronk making some plays too.

After hearing Sherman's latest case of verbal diarrhea, I really hope he gets torched early and often.

After hearing Sherman's latest case of verbal diarrhea, I really hope he gets torched early and often.

I just listened to that.  I guess it could be taken other ways but I heard that as Sherman taking a shot at the media and not Revis.  An article I read said Sherman and Revis don't have an issue with each other because of Brandon Browner.  I think he was actually taking a shot at the media and trying to put them in their place.  Look, the guy got a degree in communications at Stanford and I think he played the crowd for a fat contract -- which he landed.  Now I think he's backing off all that 'talk' because he doesn't need to do it anymore.

I can pull up another interview where he praises Revis.

That's my take anyway.

Anyway, Sherman lives by the sword and continues to back it up.  But we all know he's gonna fall on that sword one day and people are going to jump on that -- rightfully so.  His day is coming.  As a fan, I hope it's not for years later but this is the NFL and we'll just see what he's made of when it happens,

I just listened to that. I guess it could be taken other ways but I heard that as Sherman taking a shot at the media and not Revis. An article I read said Sherman and Revis don't have an issue with each other because of Brandon Browner. I think he was actually taking a shot at the media and trying to put them in their place. Look, the guy got a degree in communications at Stanford and I think he played the crowd for a fat contract -- which he landed. Now I think he's backing off all that 'talk' because he doesn't need to do it anymore.

I can pull up another interview where he praises Revis.

That's my take anyway.

i was talking about his comments about Goodell and Kraft.

I loved it. He called a spade a spade. Little too cozy if you ask me. He didn't diss any of the players or the coach -- he dissed the serpent's head and the flute player.

+1

Ha. With Sherm... it's not rote TV.

he should get fined for it. If coaches or players complained about the league or officials in the past, they've been hit with fines. It's time to remind some people that they can't just say whatever they want.

he should get fined for it. If coaches or players complained about the league or officials in the past, they've been hit with fines. It's time to remind some people that they can't just say whatever they want.

Wait a second, why the fuck not say whatever he wants? ???

Goodell and Kraft are scissor buddies, why should he not call them out?  One of the amendments is about free speech and such, right?

...but Goodell might be pissed that he's questioning his integrity.

As if nobody else is.

Was his comments inflammatory? Heck ya. Did he simply connect the dots? Yep. Should you hate him? Only if you're a NE fan... or somebody who likes dis-integrity in the NFL. Ok. Ok. If you don't like brash, loud mouths then Sherm's not your guy. :)

I can't do X's and O's like you guys can, but I saw Green Bay's defense completely stifle Wilson for most of that game - and that was in Seattle.  In fact the look on Wilson's face at times reminded me of Brady in the "18-1" Giants game.  He can be stopped and I think the Patriots can do so as well as GB did (the neutral field may help).

I think I said it before but GB ran a lot of quick slants down the middle of the field and Seattle gave up a lot of yards that way.  That's Gronk territory.

I am, however, pessimistic that the Pats can get much of a running game going.

Somehow I think Kraft's comments to Goodell are going to light a fire under the Pats, or at least refocus them on the game rather than all this other crap.

I think the Pats win the game, by 7. say 31-24.

I can't do X's and O's like you guys can, but I saw Green Bay's defense completely stifle Wilson for most of that game - and that was in Seattle. In fact the look on Wilson's face at times reminded me of Brady in the "18-1" Giants game. He can be stopped and I think the Patriots can do so as well as GB did (the neutral field may help).

I think I said it before but GB ran a lot of quick slants down the middle of the field and Seattle gave up a lot of yards that way. That's Gronk territory.

I am, however, pessimistic that the Pats can get much of a running game going.

Somehow I think Kraft's comments to Goodell are going to light a fire under the Pats, or at least refocus them on the game rather than all this other crap.

I think the Pats win the game, by 7. say 31-24.

for someone that doesn't know the Xs and Os, you made some good points.

Seattle's D-line is hurt, so that should help NE's running game.