Super Bowl XLIX thread

Former member

"I think people somehow get a skewed view of Tom Brady," Sherman said. "That he's just a clean-cut guy that does everything right and never says a bad word to anyone. We know him to be otherwise.

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=12207145&src=desktop&wjb

Ooooh la la.  The trash talking begins.  More theater.

Listen, Brady talks a lot of trash too.  You can see him jarring with his opponents all the time.  I find it ironic that NE fans think he's this gawd.

Guys talk trash to Brady all the time too.  It's a sign of respect actually and he knows it.  Trash talking to the feeble doesn't carry much weight or is nearly as fun.

Marshawn is a nutcase. Right out of intercity Oakland. Don't ask me to understand him. Basically, he's a momma's boy and I understand he has a heart of gold (I could post a bunch of crap that gives some insight into the kind deeds/acts he's done outside of football -- but that doesn't make him the villain you want/need before the Stupor Bowl and it's unlikely you'll read them anyway).

I do like to watch him run. There's no more exciting runner out there IMHO. That's about as far as it goes.

For now, consider him the devil. Just like Blount. Fine piece of work that guy is.

The Pats are going to roll over the Seahawks with their momentum. They'll never see what hit them.

Be careful what you ask for. Last time I heard this -- it came from the team's fan with the most prolific offense ever in the history of the NFL. I'm pretty sure I don't need to remind you what happened then.

The only two folks that could possibly know anything about deflation (totally ridiculous scandal by the way) are Bill or Tom. The water boy didn't do it. But I'm having fun here because it's Stupor Bowl week before the official week. What we've got is bozo #1 denying and deferring to bozo #2. Guess what? Bozo #2 denies it, thus indirectly referring it back to bozo #1. Just goes to show you how a culture of cheating and denying has permeated that evil organization. Bunch of sissies. Cut off the serpents head I say. But do it after the Stupor Bowl because I want to kick their ass first.

I'm not assigning blame - go ahead and say it's because I don't want to - but I'm just so angry about this whole thing.  I should be reading articles about how Brady can solve Seattle's defense, or how Seattle's going to handle the ineligible-WR looks better than Baltimore or Indy did.  

Instead I'm reading about this damn investigation, watching B&B point fingers at each other, wondering what penalties might be assessed and when, and figuring that even if they win the damn game there will be a big asterisk next to it.  In the almanac, or in my own mind.

At the beginning of the 2007 season when Spygate hit, it was obvious that they had a good team - and yet I had some nagging feeling that some karmic force in the universe wasn't going to let the Patriots win the Super Bowl during the same season.  That karmic force turned out to be David Tyree's helmet.  Now seven years later I have the same feeling again.

I'm pissed off at whoever's fault this is.  Belichick, Brady, some ball boy, whoever.  And how much competitive advantage could this possibly have given them?  Could it possibly have been worth it?  They gave away the cow for some fucking magic beans.

signed, 

TrentonMakes

Patriots fan since 1996

I think all of us football fans echo that exact sentiment. It's bullshit and we all know it. There is, in what should be a good one, a football game ahead. Enough of this crap already. Let's talk about it afterwards, if at all.

I think it just goes to show you how -- as much as we need them -- our media sometimes is nothing more than a bunch of fruit flies.

• Heart 1

Marshawn is a nutcase. Right out of intercity Oakland. Don't ask me to understand him. Basically, he's a momma's boy and I understand he has a heart of gold (I could post a bunch of crap that gives some insight into the kind deeds/acts he's done outside of football -- but that doesn't make him the villain you want/need before the Stupor Bowl and it's unlikely you'll read them anyway).

I do like to watch him run. There's no more exciting runner out there IMHO. That's about as far as it goes.

if it acts like a duck, and quacks like a duck...

I really don't think the refs checked the balks thoroughly before the game. They certainly didn't notice them being too soft until the question was brought up by the Colts.

When they checked them at halftime, they turned out to be underinflated, so they were brought up to pressure for the second half.

How well did the Pats do in the second half(with fully inflated footballs)?

• Heart 1

...Just goes to show you how a culture of cheating and denying has permeated that evil organization. Bunch of sissies. Cut off the serpents head I say. But do it after the Stupor Bowl because I want to kick their ass first.

after they kick Seattle's ass, I'm sure you'll feel differently.

Now they have a built in excuse.

And this is why this chit sucks.  I could give a rip about the New England Patriots.  But if the penalty is to sit Brady down, then this blows a football fan because people want to see the best QB go against the best defense and not the backup.  I hope if the NFL lays down a heavy hand, that they strip them of a draft choice but keep Brady in the game.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/12213363/tom-brady-tale-hold-weight

Ok, Boxy, this third down nickel guy is the stupidest man on the planet. I hope somebody on the team shuts this wanker up. Idiot.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2339509-seahawks-cb-jeremy-lane-claims-rob-gronkowski-isnt-that-good

Jeremy who? Never heard of him.

Gronkowski is the best TE in football, possibly the best ever.

And this is why this chit sucks. I could give a rip about the New England Patriots. But if the penalty is to sit Brady down, then this blows a football fan because people want to see the best QB go against the best defense and not the backup. I hope if the NFL lays down a heavy hand, that they strip them of a draft choice but keep Brady in the game.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/12213363/tom-brady-tale-hold-weight

if the NFL was going to do something, they would have announced it.

I give it a 0% chance that they penalize the Pats before the SB, and maybe a fine after. They have no proof. They probably never did a thorough pre-game check, and can't prove any tampering occurred.

I'm not even slightly concerned about a penalty before the SB.

If this was any other team, we wouldn't even be talking about it.

Pat's go down. Why? Your offense and our defense go back in forth but basically canceling each other out. But our offense beats your defense.

You're delusional.

The first part isn't too far off, but Seattle has no one to cover Gronkowski. If they double him, Brady will torch their defense.

The second part is laughable. The Pats will dare Wilson to pass the ball. Lynch can run, but even when the Pats allow the run, they still win.

The only tight end that I know of who has ever done anything against us was old man Gates in San Diego early in the season.  We weren't exactly ballin' then but the facts are the facts... which means 15 of 16 other professional tight ends didn't do jack against us.  As for your defense, the best performance in 3 years I've seen against Wilson was perhaps last week.  If you think the Pats defense is like Green Bays, now would be a good time to speak up.

But I'm giving your team some credit here.  Your offense has won in different ways and not a lot of teams can do that.  Seattle's got an old school offense that has been very effective.  Teams know it's coming and practice against it all week and they still can't stop it.  It's hard to keep them down for a full 60 minutes.  Yes, yes, even I was elated when we pulled that one out last week in the final 3 minutes (what was really lucky was recovering the onside kick -- a 1 in 5 chance.  Oh and that desperation jump ball of a two point conversion.  Ha!).  But our trademark this year -- and even last year -- is that we are a second half team... particularly a 4th quarter team.  It's what running teams do to other teams.   No luck in that. 

In short, your defense will fold like a tent down the stretch.

Your best shot is to do what GB was able to do -- force turnovers which all season long is proof it typically doesn't happen to us.  A stupid fumble by our kickoff returner last week can't happen again (I'm talking to you Baldwin).  And our effin' receivers have got to grab balls that hit them in the hands and not deflect them into the air (I'm talking to you Kearse).  And our quarterback can't make dumb decisions like he did on 2 of those interceptions (I'm talking to you Wilson).  Otherwise, I concede it's going to be a long night.

The only tight end that I know of who has ever done anything against us was old man Gates in San Diego early in the season.  We weren't exactly ballin' then but the facts are the facts... which means 15 of 16 other professional tight ends didn't do jack against us.  As for your defense, the best performance in 3 years I've seen against Wilson was perhaps last week.  If you think the Pats defense is like Green Bays, now would be a time to speak up.

But I'm giving your team some credit here.  Your offense has won in different ways and not a lot of teams can do that.  Seattle's got an old school offense that has been very effective.  Teams know it's coming and practice against it all week and they still can't stop it.  It's hard to keep them down for a full 60 minutes.  Yes, yes, even I was elated when we pulled that one out last week in the final 3 minutes (what was really lucky was recovering the onside kick -- a 1 in 5 chance.  Oh and that desperation jump ball of a two point conversion.  Ha!).  But our trademark this year -- and even last year -- is that we are a second half team... particularly a 4th quarter team.  Its what running teams do to other teams.  

In short, your defense will fold like a tent down the stretch.

Your best shot is to do what GB was able to do -- force turnovers.  A stupid fumble by our kickoff returner last week can't happen again (I'm talking to you Baldwin).  And our effin' receivers have got to grab balls that hit them in the hands and not deflect them into the air (I'm talking to you Kearse).  And our quarterback can't make dumb decisions like he did on 2 of those interceptions (I'm talking to you Wilson).  Otherwise, I concede it's going to be a long night.

Gronkowski will destroy Seattle's defense. One man can't cover him, and a dbl team leaves someone WFO.

NE's defense is better than GB's, and owns teams in the second half. Russell Wilson is a respectable QB when you don't ask him to pass too much. He's mobile, but NE's defense can handle those guys well. They won't let him run free.